first thanks for all the great advice given; u guys do a incredible job..

Asked by Jameskerry41, San Diego, CA Thu Apr 5, 2012

I have more of a comment than question: online listings- why do I often see only 1 or 2 photos of a home? this is most frustrating as a potential buyer; especailly myself who is out of the country and can't be there in person..otherwise great job to all the agents!

Answers

11
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Let's hear it for San Diego agents!
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Mack, always nice to recieve kudu's from you ole cold blooded PNW'nrs. BTW, I'll be in your neck of the woods from April 19-24th. Any chance we could toss one back.? At least start with one and if we still like each other maybe a couple? I'll be meeting with some Active Rainers as well. Love Seattle!!
Glen Etherin…, Agent, Orange, CA
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Hi James, as a continuation to me earlier post that got cut off, online listing sites like Trulia only pick up a few photos from our multiple listing service here in beautiful SD. Any one of us can set up a customized search for you that will give you full access to all of the photos and property data for homes that will fit your specific needs. I will take it one step further for you by offering a full guided video tour of any home that you are serious about buying. I use a unique video marketing platform for my listings that works great for my out of area buyers. What better way to get the true picture of a property than from a real time video tour. When did you want to move into your new home?

Once again, thank you for your kind words

Cheers,

Glen S Etherington
Principal Broker, REALTOR, Paralegal
877.223.1448
Calbrokerglen@gmail.com
CA DRE Broker #01233723
Web Reference:  http://www.glincus.com
Sinead McAll…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Hi James,
Thank you, thank you! Everyone below is pretty right on. You should hook up with a local agent so that we can send you ALL the information on the properties that you are interested. Trulia is a GREAT site, but it is not the same as having an experienced Realtor on your side. If you need any assistance, I would be happy and honored to help!

Thank you!
Sinead McAllister
Broker
McAllister Homes Real Estate
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Fri Apr 6, 2012
Just tell me what home you're looking at and I will personally take any amount of photo's you need to help you with your search. onthelevel@cox.net. 760 815-6977.
Cory La Scala, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Apr 6, 2012
Hi James,

First, thank you, we try! I know that most sites offer only partial information, mainly as an effort to get you to contact the agents who pay to be on their sites for more information.

Any agent here can send you a full MLS listing for any property. You would see all of the information available to you. The San Diego MLS allows 25 photos, not that all agents take and use that many for their listings, but, you'd get everything we agents would see as far as photos. Some agents only use a few photos for good reason; they want to put the property's best foot forward. And, some properties aren't available for photographing for other reasons - but an agent could give you further information.

You can also be set up automatic listing alerts according to your criteria. Then as you get those listings, any of the criteria can be tweaked to give you better listings. We have many options.

I have several out-of-town buyers who email for property information, and I would be happy to do the same for you. Some are on automatic alerts, and some prefer to email me when they see online listings they like, and I'll email them if I see something they might like.

Call or email me anytime.

Warm regards,

Cory La Scala, REALTOR
Independence Realty
619-825-6421
Chris Gorno, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Fri Apr 6, 2012
Hello James~

It is frustrating to only see 1 or 2 photos for a property. It is frustrating for Home Buyers and for Agents and Appraisers as well. Sometimes agents are limited with what they can photograph if a property is occupied with uncooperative tenant. Our MLS in San Diego allows for up to 25 photos now, which is great! Most agents, myself included, try to add 25 photos to their listings to showcase every room in the home, along with outdoor shots as well. So, thanks for bringing up this point James, agents take heed!

Chris Gorno
DRE# 01499885
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Apr 6, 2012
I share your frustration as an agent. The MLS listing may or may not have additional photos.

I have seen many listings with only one or two photos...we're allowed 25. So when I see that I wonder if the agent has access to the property. Often, with tenants, an agent is not able to get in. In addition, there are many homes where the interior is just not in good showing condition. The agent may be avoiding those photos because they are not appealing. Last but not least, sometimes I think agents can be lazy. If the property is a small condo, that agent may feel that's all that are necessary.

Have a good one!
Glen Etherin…, Agent, Orange, CA
Thu Apr 5, 2012
James, thank you, thank you, thank you. It is always great to hear positive praise. Online listings only
Web Reference:  http://www.glincus.com
Jack Rowell, Agent, El Cajon, CA
Thu Apr 5, 2012
David is right. You need a Realtor to hook you up with the MLS.
There might not always be enough, or good photos. But at least everything will be up to date. This, and every other site is limited with the property info.
David Inderm…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Apr 5, 2012
HI James,

First off thank you for appreciating the agents as a whole.

To answer your question, the way that I could help you with your photo issue
is if you email me the address or MLS #, I can cross reference that property
with past sales, expired or withdrawn listings. Sometimes the info is available.
I hope that helps you James. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank You,

David R. Indermill
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Luxury Real Estate Advisor
The Sterling Company
DRE#01232827
Email: david@sandiegohomestore.com

Search Homes on my site http://www.SanDiegoHomeStore.Com