do u have to have a perk test don e before a septic can go in?

Asked by Christen123, 71913 Sat Mar 31, 2012

Answers

3
Kathi Melton, Agent, Hot Springs National Park, AR
Sat Mar 31, 2012
It depends on how much acreage you own and the location of neighbors and type of water supply. Generally if you have greater than 10 acres the requirments on septic sytems aren't as restrictive. A perk test allows a purchaser to be sure a septic system can be designed that will adhere to the enviormental regulations required by your locale. Since there are such price differences in the different system designs, you will be afforded an approximation of the cost involved for your required system.
Robert Shann…, Agent, Hot Springs, AR
Sun Apr 1, 2012
Hi, Christen123:
As a Realtor my wife and I sell real estate. For complete information about the requirements for a septic system I would call James Kisner at 501-624-0466, I beleive he is with the Garland County Health dept.
If donna or I can help you with anything please call 501-318-7571.
Nikki Reed, Agent, Hot Springs, AR
Sat Mar 31, 2012
I think its a good idea just to make sure you know what you are getting into before you purchase a property. If you are not working with a realtor, I would love to help 501-276-2640.