do i have to evict someone who isnt on my lease?

Asked by simpliholly11, Hempstead, NY Mon Jun 3, 2013

Answers

4
Colepolite, Home Buyer, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Only if the person lived in your home for over 30 days.If a person live in a property for longer than 30 days they have squatters rights and u will have to.
Jackie, Renter, Wantagh, NY
Mon Sep 9, 2013
only if you need to if good people don't , but if you only need to or a bad payer then do so
John Weber, Agent, Levittown, PA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Hello. I am an attorney as well as a broker. My firm handles a heavy caseload of eviction proceedings. The short and simple answer is that you would have to evict almost any person in the subject premises. There are several factors that can determine the ultimate answer to your question. Some of the factors include but are not limited to the length of time the individual has been in possession of the property; whether they were a sub-tenant of a tenant on the lease and whether or not they entered the property with the permission of the owner. If you would like more information regarding the specifics and the procedure of evicting an individual from your property, you can call my firm and set up a free consultation. The Law Firm of Vaughn & Weber, PLLC, (516) 858-2620.

John A. Weber IV
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Jun 3, 2013
Without much information, consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate; are you the landlord, was the person asked to leave....