General Area in Wake Forest>Question Details

Imelda Rice, Other/Just Looking in Ireland, WV

considering moving from ireland to north carolina, my sister and her husband have moved there from NYand love

Asked by Imelda Rice, Ireland, WV Sun Aug 3, 2008

it.what is wake forest like is it expensive, we have 3 young children so we need a safe area, good schools. great community. please help

Answers

11
Own a couple of irish pubs in Raleigh. If you know of any irish personnel interested in employment?
Great area and good schools. Originally from NY as well. Good luck
Bob
I live in Wake Forest. It's a great place to live and raise children. There is a charter shool in Wake Forest called Franklin Academy that is great for elementry, middle and high school.
I have a home to sell. We are going through tough times and need to sell our 4 yr old, 3500 square ft home but we will remain in Wake Forest because we like it here.
If you are interested, please contact me. I would love to help you get aquainted with Wake Forest even if you are not interested in the home. I'm not a real estate agent.
The Wilmington and Wrightsville beach areas are nice too, if you like being by the ocean.
Take Care and best of luck to you,
Doug
Hi Imelda! Welcome to North Carolina! you are going to love it here. I am a native of Raleigh and know the area pretty well. One thing I might suggest is that you also look at other towns too. Cary was ranked #16 in Money magazine as one of the best places to live & raise a family. The schools are fantastic in Wake county (which Wake Forest is in also) and the houses are still appreciating here. I would love to help you find your dream home and could provide you with lots of information. For school info, go to http://www.wcpss.net. You can see the school scores and then decide where you want to live. Let me know if you would like for me to set up a search for you of homes in the market down here!! Buyer's agents are free to the buyer (seller pays commission), so give me a call at 919-218-8973 or email me at lindamorris@ysuhomes.com. I look forward to hearing from you!!
Hello Imelda:
Greetings from Wake Forest, NC! You will find that Wake Forest is a wonderful place to live, like so many other places in North Carolina. Two years ago, my husband and I relocated here from New England and we absolutely love it here. The attached link will provide you with detailed information about the area.
http://www.wakeforestnc.gov You will have a wide selection of homes in this area. I can provide you with additional information and a relocation package for you and your family. Our firm has offices in Raleigh, Wake Forest, East Wake, and Apex. We have been serving the community for over 33 years. Reach out and contact me at the link below so that I can assist you in any way as you make your journey to the United States.
Dear Imelda,
North Carolina is an amazing place to live, work and raise a family. We have been helping people from around the world for the last decade move to NC. We are working with a gentleman from Limerick right now who is looking for investment property in NC or SC.
You can purchase a lot of house in Wake Forest for under 300K US. There are plenty of homes available. You are a short drive from Raleigh which has world class medical, entertainment and shopping. Also you are very close to a major airport.
We would love to help you with your search. We have been helping people for over a decade locate their dream home. We are a buyers agent which means you do not pay us a dime. We are paid a referral fee by the local MLS agent if your decide to purchase. We help you narrow done your search based on your life preferences and budget then we work with you and the best local MLS agents to make the very best purchase. We would love to help you.
Marian Schaffer
The Schaffer Realty Group
email my partner at terry@marianschaffer.com
Hi Imelda
I visited Ireland in 2001, for St Patricks Day, it was the year of foot and mouth but i had a great time. North Carolina is wonderful and you will love it. Wake Forest is very nice great schools but there are other areas around the Triangle equally as nice and safe. if you contact me vis my website i will be happy to send you some information.
Thanks, Michael
Web Reference: http://www.colvinm.hpw.com
Your desires, "...a safe area, good schools. great community..." are certainly attainable in Wake Forest, as well as many other areas of the Triangle.
"Is it expensive?" Of course that is relative to the individual. But Wake Forest offers a variety of housing options, and shouldn't be a barrier to you.
You should really consider Charlotte, the most cosmopolitan area in North Carolina. International travel direct to Ireland from the 8th busiest airport in the U.S. and a wonderful climate, friendly people, so many housing options from the Lakes, to Horse Farms, to Uptown Condos, to beautiful neighborhoods and pro sports NFL and NBA. It is a very exciting, growing, sophisticated city, very clean, great place to work. We are the 2nd largest banking center in the United States, second only to New York City.
Two hours to the mountains and less than 4 hours to the coast.....please include us in your NC search for a home. I would love to show you around, and share my 25 years of experience selling homes in Charlotte.
Hi Imelda,

North Carolina is a great state and the Research Triangle Park area has been voted one of the Best Places to Live in the Nation (the Research Triangle Area includes Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Wake Forest, Apex, Morrisville, Cary, and surrounding areas). Raleigh has also received lots of press for being the best place for business and careers and one of the best places for investments. It's located about halfway between the beach and the mountains, so it's a wonderful location...2-4 hours in either direction and you can either be sunning yourself on Wrightsville Beach or hiking the trails in the mountains.

Wake Forest is about a half hour from Raleigh and I was just showing houses there this week. There are lots of subdivisions with new construction and the area around Falls Lake has homes in higher price ranges ($400,000's-600,000K's+) and there are also homes in lower price ranges. Wake County has some of the best test scores in the state on the high school SAT's (Scholastic Achievement Tests) and as a former educator within Wake County schools, I can personally attest to the elevated academic expectations that the county has for its students. On a personal note, I really think the individual teacher probably has the biggest role in whether your little ones have a successful year in school...that and lots of parent involvement, too.

I have a friend who lives in the Smith Creek subdivision on Smith Creek Way in Wake Forest. Other sudivisions I like there are Castelli, Kelsey, Greycliff, Hillcrest Farm, Heritage, Galloway, Devonshire, and Crescent Ridge. Wake Forest also has a historic district with classic older homes. There are also more homes available that aren't in sudivisions in various price ranges.

Wake Forest tends to be less expensive than some areas of Raleigh...but more expensive near Falls Lake. If you'd like, I can do searches in various price ranges with at least 4 bedrooms to see what turns up. I can email you a link to those or you can sign up to receive automatic homefinder emails on my website at http://www.wendynormanonline.com. If you have any questions, you can email me at wnorman@fmrealty.com or call my office at 919-785-4240. Good luck with your move and let me know if I can help with finding a home for you and your family. I look forward to working with you.
Hi Imelda,

Wake Forest is a very nice area. The town is quaint and appealing to many families.
Below is a link to the schools and a link to the city.
http://www.wcpss.net
http://www.wakeforestnc.gov/

Depending on your prerequisites the area is quite reasonable compared to other parts of the US. There are subdivisions with amenities like a pool, tennis, or golf.
I recommend you visit your sister and view for yourself how enjoyable this area really is.

Lizete
Web Reference: http://www.LizeteSantos.com
Many folks are moving to Charlotte and our surrounding areas. Charlotte is a few hours from Wake Forest. We have so much to offer and Union County (close to Charlotte) is one of the fastest growing counties in the US. You can choose to live close to the city with the arts, restaurants, large shopping malls ect. or further out and enjoy a more locally focused lifestyle with a little slower pace. I would love to answer any questions and get you any info. you need.