Will need to relocate from Queens NY and I am interested in New Paltz NY. Any suggestions?

Asked by Melissa Rivera, Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY Sun Apr 15, 2012

Answers

4
Andre Venables’ answer
Andre Venabl…, Agent, New Paltz, NY
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Melissa,
New Paltz is a very interesting area enlivened by the College (State University). It is especially good if you like the arts and outdoor activities. Many trails for walks and even mountains to climb. I moved here from Queens in 1970 for the sheer beauty of the place.

The village and the town are political entities that co-exist in geographic proximity. Essentially the down town or older area is the village and the surrounding area is the town. This is an oversimplification of course but it sizes it up pretty accurately.

There is much more to talk about. Do you have specific questions? Have you ever visited?
Andre
Thank you Andre for your response, I would have loved to lived in New Paltz in the 70's but I guess it is better late than never. I have fallen in love with the vibe and energy of the town and hope to secure employment either there or in a neighboring town.
Flag Sat Apr 21, 2012
Barbara Cart…, Agent, New Paltz, NY
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Hi Melissa,
Our area is beautiful. Not only New Paltz but the surrounding areas of Gardiner, Highland etc. If you check my Trulia Blog there is a relocation package with loads of information. You can also go to my Facebook page that has regularly updated information about the area.

I think the best advise I could give is to visit the area. Checkout different neighborhoods and see what feels right for you. Each town has it's own personality.

You will love it here, I know I do. If you need any help give me a call on my cell 845 505 3160.

Warm Wishes
Barbara Carter
John J Lease Realtors
Geraldine (G…, Agent, Hopewell Junction, NY
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Hi Meilissa -

How about checking out Dutchess County. This is an easy commute to NYC or Queens to visit relatives & easy to reach New Paltz. We are happy to assist and we have HOT deals!

Geri DeWitt Ruby
Broker/Owner
RE/MAX Moniesworth Realty
1933 Route 52
Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
(914) 489-1958
geriruby@msn.com
http://www.remax-moniesworthrealty-ny.com
Thanks Geri, I have many friends who live in Dutchess and are trying to convince me as well. I am keeping options opened and part of my exploring is visiting areas during the weekends. My first priority is the education system for my son and if I have to work in NYC then an easy commute is always nice and desirable. I am also in the midst of searching for new employment. I thank you for reaching out and will keep you posted.
Flag Sat Apr 21, 2012
Sandy Reid, Agent, New Paltz, NY
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Great town. I lived in Queens before I moved to New Paltz. I work for Westwood Metes & Bounds right in the heart of New Paltz Village. My website is Sandyreid.com. Feel free to view. Call me @ 845-417-1314 and I will share all that I know of this area and talk about how I can help you with your move. Best, Sandy