Will be moving to the region for a temp position at Memphis University. Where are the best places to rent?

Asked by Dtn.bonneville, Bozeman, MT Mon Jun 24, 2013

I do not know the region very well and have heard mixed comments regarding the crime rate in the region. My wife and I have 4 kids and we would need a safe kid friendly area with good elementary schools. We have owned our own home for the last 5 yrs and would not do well in apartment living; therefore, are looking for a single family residence. Our budget is relatively conservative less than 1100 if possible. I know nothing about the traffic but would not mind commuting as long as it is no longer than 20-30 minutes.

Answers

1
John C. Corn…, Agent, Memphis, TN
Tue Jun 25, 2013
One of the good things about Memphis is you basically can get anywhere In Memphis in 20/25 minutes. It sounds like you have four smaller school aged children and one or two may be going to middle school soon. I would look into the Poplar / East Memphis area to rent. It's a very established neighborhood where home ownership is high, the community takes pride in their homes and the neighbors are friendly. The Whitestation school district is one of the best in the state. My daughter went to Whitestation Middle and High School, afterwards she attended Emory in Atlanta and was well prepared. You can look on my real estate facebook page for rentals posted from time to time at http://www.facebook.com/JCornesRealEstate or feel free to email me at JCornesRealEstate@gmail.com if you need further assistance. Realtor - Keller Williams Realty
oh let me add, that area is maybe 10 minutes from the University of Memphis! GO TIGERS!
Flag Tue Jun 25, 2013