Why is the real estate in the san jose mid town area (burbank/san carlos) a little lower?

Asked by Dmachd, San Jose, CA Sun Oct 19, 2008

Why is the real estate in the san jose mid town area, ie san Carlos/Burbank, San jose a little cheaper compared to the surrounding areas? Is it because of the not so good school district?

Answers

2
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Wed Oct 21, 2009
The real estate around that area is surrounded by mixed use zoning. That is one of the biggest factors in pricing before schools. Mixed use being commercial, retail, office, etc.

When pricing homes in our various districts they are divided up by areas. Downtown San Jose is listed as area 9 on our MLS. This includes, Rose Garden, Hatchet Park, Palm Haven, Downtown San Jose, Burbank, and so on. So when homes are valued the agent will have to pull a radius around the home and because some homes are going be directly bordered by a mix use zone it will bring the value down on the residential home zoned for residential use.

What is exciting for our area is the new housing opportunities which combine condos and retail. Developers are turning over neighborhoods, such as Village Square on San Carlos.

If you have a question on a specific property, I'd be happy to discuss it further. Drop me an email or call me.
Web Reference:  http://www.terivellios.com
Katherine Da…, Agent, Atlantic Beach, FL
Sun Oct 19, 2008

Your question was posted in the San Jose area of Jacksonville, Florida. you need to repost it to your state. Happens all the time.

If you decide to come to the beach in Florida just give a shout. Meanwhile good luck in Burbank.

Katherine in Atlantic Beach, FL