General Area in Florida>Question Details

gabriel palo…, Real Estate Pro in Pompano Beach, FL

Why is it advantageous to get a real estate license now?

Asked by gabriel palotas, Pompano Beach, FL Mon Jul 5, 2010

Answers

6
Dan, it would be a shame, with all the energy you have put into this, if you did not know more than some professionals.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 6, 2010
Couple of answers to this questions.

First, now is a great time because the market is so terrible! If you learn to survive now when pickings are slim imagine how you would do when we have a real recovery.

Second, most of the agents in the business now are either the ones who were already in before the bubble or those who are serious about the profession, the fly-by-nighters have long since faded away. I find I've saved myself a lot of grief the past few years since I didn't have to deal with new (see: inexperienced) agents where I did more than my share of work to make sure a deal got closed.

- Michael
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 6, 2010
Dan, easy question. You go to the Florida DBPR's licensing portal and look me up. Nothing to hide here. Mack got a thumbs up from me.
Mark, I am looking to buy a house. It may be sooner, or later.

How do I know you are really an agent?

I have learned a few things. A lot of it the hard way. It is a shame that I know more about real estate than some professionals in the business do.
Wow, Gabe, you've sure pushed the pryamid's button with your current load of leading questions. Personally I love that fact that he uses the "home buyer" tag almost as much as I love your tie.

Frankly, I think it's a little late to get your license now. Better to have started last year so that you could get some experience now that the explosion in sales has started.
So in 8 years when you see the market start to be good again you could say I have 8 years of experience. It does not matter so much if you sold one house a year of less. In business since 2010 sounds great in 2018.