Why does the name of this neighborhood have an extra S tacked on to the end of it, and why haven't any of the pros told Trulia about it yet?

Asked by Alan, Spokane, WA Mon Apr 30, 2012

Answers

5
HLR, , Oregon
Mon Apr 30, 2012
Most likely it never came up to anyone but those that live right there. Lots of errors are thru out all systems, and unless it has some legal problem, they stay there.

HLR
I guess Trulia needs to understand that it's little things like this that make them seem like an unreliable source of information.

Thanks for the insight!
Flag Mon Apr 30, 2012
Matthew Gera…, Home Seller, Spokane County, WA
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Which neighborhood? Rockwoods? I've never heard of it. Some areas like Mead get a reputation for good schools and people pay for that. South Hill means "old money" and that brings prestige.
Andrew Wilki…, , San Francisco, CA
Tue May 1, 2012
Hi there Voidref,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The best way to tell us about listing errors, is by clicking the "More" button on the page, and then clicking "Report error"

Unfortunately, as I don't have a link to the property you're talking about, I can't file this for you. But if you go back to the page, filing the error on the page is the best way to fix this problem as soon as possible, both for you and for everyone on Trulia.

Thanks again for giving us a heads up on this!

Andrew
Community Manger, Trulia Voices
Ok, tried another home that is still listed as 'for sale' and it does have the aforementioned "Report an error" item. I Reported an 'other' error against it for the neighborhood rename.

Perhaps the menu should always be there for properties?

Thank you again.

Alan
Flag Tue May 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. I tried looking for the "Report Error" menu item under the "More" button, but, for this page: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Washington/Spokane/sold/43058-1927-E-23rd-Ave-Spokane-WA-99203, the More Menu only has "Ask A Question" and "Print This Page"

Is there another "More" button I am missing.

Again, thank you for you time,
Alan
Flag Tue May 1, 2012
Ronda Deakins, Agent, Spokane, WA
Mon Apr 30, 2012
It is always important to verify and reverify information these days. Some information is reliable and other information is not reliable. In this instance it probably wouldn't be a legal issue for sure just an annoyance. Have a great day and let's hope that the only thing that we get with an "S" in it this week is "Sunshine"
Dave Schmoe, Agent, Spokane, WA
Mon Apr 30, 2012
I totally agree with HLR. It goes to show you how localized Real Estate really is. Statistics that are figured on a National basis, especially those that are acquired from public records may not be a true indicator of real estate on the local level. "Pros" can point out that error to Trulia, but being a web based company, they have their priorities potentially in a different order that we have here locally.

Dave Schmoe
Dave@DaveSchmoe.com
(509) 499-6989