Who can I contact after receiving an appraisal with ERRORS on it?

Asked by Jeffrey Terraglio, Statesville, NC Sat Aug 23, 2008

I just got my home appraised, the appraisal came back with errors on it. The measurements were incorrect. There was missing information also. I was attempting to refinance and because of this apprasial my value was way lower then previous appraisals and I did not get the loan. I made an attempt to explain this to the morgage company who sent this appraiser to my home with no luck. These appraiser hae to answer to someone who would that be. I want either a corrected appraisal or my appraisal fee refunded. Than you

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Daniel Eberw…, Agent, Clayton, NC
Sat Aug 23, 2008
Jeffrey - contact the appraiser and ask him to check the measurements. If you have previous appraisals that show different measurements, he should be willing to double check his work. Also, depending on the missing info, it may not have an impact on the value. If he won't check his measurements, appraisals are governed by the NC Appraisal Board who can be reached at http://www.ncappraisalboard.org/ Depending on the layout of your house, measurements can be difficult to take, and it's very possible he, or the last appraisal, made a mistake in measuring.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
General Area in Statesville Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more