Which are the "nice" areas of Oakland?

Asked by Marvinmon, Oakland, CA Thu Feb 23, 2012

Answers

8
Claire Wills, Agent, Oakland, CA
Sat Jun 16, 2012
Dear Marvin,

Here are some desirable zip codes.

94610 Trestle Glen, Crocker Highlands
94611 Piedmont/ Oakland Border, Montclair
94612 Uptown/ Lakeside
94618 Rockridge/North Oakland, Hiller Highlands
94619 Maxwell Park/Laurel District, Laurel Heights, Redwood Heights, Hillcrest Estate
94602 Oakmore, Glenview, Park Blvd
94603 Claremont, Claremont Highlands
94605 Ridgemont, Sequoyah, Sequoyah Hills, Sequoyah Highlands, Elysian Fields,
Sheffield Village, Oak Knoll Heights
94606 Cleveland heights (by Lakeshore)

If you have any other questions, I would love to answer them. Call or email me.

Very Truly Yours,

Claire Wills
claire.mjre@gmail.com
510-255-1196
Thanks for asking!
Flag Mon Apr 1, 2013
Martha3, Home Seller, Oakland, CA
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Daniel Gutie…, Agent, Piedemont, CA
Sun Apr 22, 2012
There are so many nice areas of Oakland! I think it is easy to match a "nice" area of Oakland to a person's specific needs and budget. Remember the NY Times ranked Oakland as the #5 top cities in the nation worth visiting. Native Oaklander's know Oakland best.
Michael Gree…, Agent, Castro Valley, CA
Fri Mar 2, 2012
For your single family residences (SFR) I would recommend Montclair Village, Piedmont Pines, Crocker Highlands, Oakmore, Trestle Glen, Adams Point, Grass Valley, Skyline and Sheffield Village.

For Condos, lofts and more urban living, around Lake Merritt and Jack London Square.

I hope that answers your question.

Michael Greenslade
Dre01824328
Better Homes and Gardens
510 334-7800
www,BayAreaEasyHomeSales.com
Simone Hoover, Agent, Berkeley, CA
Fri Mar 2, 2012
"Nice" areas are all relative. Your idea of a nice area is VERY different from the next person. My advise is to drive around the many different and nice neighborhoods that Oakland has to offer and find out where you feel safe. I like to take my new clients through a quick tour of the different neighborhoods, by checking out one property in each neighborhood that fits there description.

Some of my favorites are: Temescal, Shatfer, Rockridge, Lake Merritt Area, Glenview, Croker Highlands, Montclair, Hiller Highlands, Piedmont Ave Area, Laurel District, Redwood Heights. I could go on..

Best of Luck!

Simone Hoover
510-467-7640
ww.simonehoover.com
Antoine Pirs…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Fri Feb 24, 2012
That is a very personal issue and should not be influenced by the agent, as I may like different things about a neighborhood than you. The purpose of the questions is more important I think. Are you going to buy a house to live in and what are the "requirements" for that. You would have to communicate these to me so I can give you an answer that fits with the requirements. If you are buying an investment property, obviously the requirements will be different. Create your list of "wants" and then figure out with the agent where that fits. I can guarantee you many area's will be excluded automatically.
Antoine
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Fri Feb 24, 2012
"Nice" is a very subjective term. We work over there as well as the city so if you want some guidance based upon your particular needs I'm happy to discuss it with you. Where you end up buying will be dictated by price point as well.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425
Kamal Randha…, Agent, El Sobrante, CA
Thu Feb 23, 2012
Hello ,

We, as Realtors are prohibited by ethics to make comments on any type of area but here is a link for you to check out...it details the crime rates and such in any area....you can even type in a house address and it will run a check for you.

Please let me know if you would like to receive information on properties to get started :)

http://www.crimemapping.com/map.aspx
"We, as Realtors are prohibited by ethics to make comments on any type of area"
If that's the case, then you've just crossed the line from being "useless", to being "completely useless".
Flag Thu Jan 21, 2016