Which are the best neighborhoods for young professionals (no kids) to live in Vancouver?

Asked by Jess, Vancouver, WA Mon Apr 21, 2014

We will be moving to Vancouver in July, and due to the short timeline we are going to have to rent a place sight unseen. I want us to be in a safe neighborhood, that is walking distance to many amenities and has a lively social scene (note - not looking for dance club type social scene) for a young professional couple with no kids. Thank you for your assistance!

Answers

2
Emily Marlow, , Camas, WA
Sun May 25, 2014
I suggest looking in Downtown Vancouver. There is a rich sense of community and also a park that features a Farmers Market during the summer months, many great coffee shops, antique stores, and events such as free concerts in the park!

If you are looking for a community with a slower pace look in Camas, Washington. Just 10 miles down highway 14 it is a small tight knit community (and also the place I call home). Many wonderful restaurants, parks, and events happening year round.

Good Luck on your home search!
Jill Ramsey, Agent, Vancouver, WA
Sat May 17, 2014
Hi Jess,
Vancouver is a wonderful place to live. Its 15 minutes from downtown Portland (the social scene you mentioned). I'd look for a place in or near downtown Vancouver or a condo along the river by Beaches. Walking trails, close to coffee shops, farmers market, restaurants and local shops.