Where is the best area of Orlando for single, young professionals to move?

Asked by Ndgina, Orlando, FL Thu Jun 21, 2012

I am a 28 year old relocating to Orlando for work. I previously lived in Manhattan for four years and downtown Philadelphia for a year. Though I don't know anyone in Orlando yet, am hoping to meet people. I like living in areas of town where fun bars and restaurants are in walking distance. Where should I focus my apartment search?

Answers

6
Vincent Paige…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Fri Jan 11, 2013
DOWNTOWN, DR. PHILLIPS....fun to be had!! Close to the night life, easy to move around the city, because all the major roads run through those areas.

VP
Abu Musa, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Dec 31, 2012
You may visit http://www.homefacts.com .Also you may talk to the local police station.
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Thu Jun 21, 2012
As noted already, Downtown or Baldwin Park.
Carol Bauza, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Jun 21, 2012
Hi ndgina!

All I can say is..... DOWNTOWN ORLANDO!!!

I have found many condos for people relocating here and investors just wanting to buy a piece of the action!

Let me know if I can help!

Carol Bauza
Charles Rutenberg Realty
carol@carolshome.com
Linda Street…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Jun 21, 2012
I think it depends on where you are going to work. On the Southwest side of town, Dr Phillips offers over 40 great restaurants, library, YMCA, shopping, Barnes and Noble, World of Beer, in walking distance. It is more of a walking neighborhood located between Universal Studios, Disney and Sea World.
I have lived and worked all over Orlando for 25+years and think it's the best! It's where I would suggest my daughter live if she were moving here.
I'm going to be working in the Tangelo Park area on Golf Channel drive. Is traffic really bad in Orlando if I were to commute from downtown to that area?
Flag Thu Jun 21, 2012
Linda Jokben…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Jun 21, 2012
downtown orlando. you get less bang for your buck but downtown is as close to the big city feel as you'll get. And when you get with an agent, make sure that they are familiar with the downtown market, otherwise, you could miss out on properties or not be properly informed. My office is right on Lake Eola next to the Publix so needless to say, I know the area well. Let me know if you need any help =)