John, Other/Just Looking in Irmo, SC

Where are the most popular and upcoming areas in Anderson, SC?

Asked by John, Irmo, SC Thu Sep 13, 2007

Answers

6
Mjk, Home Buyer, Gwinnett
Fri Oct 16, 2009
I have to believe THE upcoming area is Lake Secession, which is about 30 minutes south of Anderson.

If you compare the prices of lakefront property on Lake Secession with similar properties on Lake Hartwell and Lake Keowee, you can get SO MUCH more for your money on Lake Secession. Also, the water level on Lake Secession is managed by the power company and it is let down in the fall and winter so owners can repair their docks and seawalls, but is at full pool during the spring and summer. This is very important when you consider the drought conditions that have impacted this area over the past few years. For example, in the summer of 2008 the water level on Lake Hartwell was significantly low and many homes were on mud and not water.

Note that a 3br 2ba single family home on Lake Secession with 2+ acre lot and 300 ft of open water lakefront (not a cove) with 10 feet of water depth of the dock sold in August of 2009 for $175,000. There is no way you would find a similar home on Lake Hartwell or Lake Keowee.
Web Reference:  http://www.lakesecession.net
Jim Starwalt, Agent, Grayslake, IL
Thu Dec 18, 2008
A word of warning to Realtors answering this question. Be very careful how and if you answer this, this has a very seriuos risk of being taken as steering! This is the internet and your comments can be seen by everyone.
This type of question just makes me nervous, be carefull!

Jim
Poo, , Clemson, SC
Sat Nov 8, 2008
Williamston is becoming more and more popular with professionals from Greenville that don't want to live in the city, but also don't want to make a long commute. I have a no maintenance development in Williamston priced between 150-250, please feel free to check out my site if your interested.
Web Reference:  http://malisiawilkins.com
Larry Hoeben, , Seneca, SC
Fri Jun 13, 2008
If I may add, 30 minutes away is Lake Keowee which today has some of the best values around for Lakefront Property. Lake Keowee homes and lots are selling at drastically reduced prices. If you like the mountains and crystal blue water look at Seneca, SC and Lake Keowee.
Claudia Litt…, , Oconee County, SC
Fri May 9, 2008
The next "hot" growth area is going north on Hwy 24 towards Lake Hartwell. The lake is our main attraction and 2 exits off I-85 drive traffic and development along this corridor. I you want to invest that's where I would look.
Ken Pujdak,…, , Greenville, SC
Thu Sep 13, 2007
John:

The north side of Anderson has been the most popular side of town. In fact I am going to list an upscale townhouse in a gated community community tomorrow and in on a golf course.
Web Reference:  http://www.sellmyhomeken.com