Mary Atkins, Home Buyer in Sarasota, FL

Where are non deed restricted neighborhoods in Sarasota?

Asked by Mary Atkins, Sarasota, FL Wed Oct 10, 2007

looking for NON DEED RESTRICTED neighborhoods in Sarasota. Can you name some? Not really interested in voluntary HOA'S. Any info will be apprecuiated

Answers

5
Adam Hong, , Bradenton, FL
Wed Oct 10, 2007
Mary,

Most of the older neighborhoods along 41 and 301 are non-deed restricted. Sarasota Springs along McIntosh Road and Several other neighborhoods along Fruitville are also non deed restricted. If you have a certain area of town in mind, I could send you the non deed restricted listings available in that area.

Adam Hong
(941) 447-4253
adam.hong@verizon.net
Hi Adam, I like the Mission Valley neighborhood. I am not quite ready to move yet but I hope by this time next year I will be. I have about 5 Rare Heritage Turkeys and need a small barn or garage type structure for them. I would also need to fence my property. This will be my third winter visiting. $300,000 - 5 would be my range. There is a home in Mission Valley I have been eyeing. I like Mission Valley because It is only a few minutes from 41 and 75 and 20-25min. from down town and close to beaches.
Flag Fri Sep 30, 2016
David B. Lev…, , Longboat Key, FL
Mon Mar 9, 2009
Mary
you need to go out east, or else look where I live which is snead Island great place in palmetto, neighbor has horses, other neighbor has cows, great park/beach right down the road and it is a small island of 500 people and nothing out here but piece and quick, yet I'm only 25-30 minutes to downtown Sarasota. it's very Martha's vineyard or Longboat 75 yrs. ago and reasonable
David Leventhal
the Leventhal Team
John Peirano, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Thu Oct 18, 2007
Mary:

Sarasota is a large geographical area extending from Downtown Sarasota to Englewood. It depends where you are hoping to be as there are several non deed restricted neighborhoods spread over this distance. Kim and I tend to operate from South Sarasota County to Englewood and can provide you with neighborhoods from 200,000 up to nearly 1,000,000. It all depends on price as to what neighborhood is a fit. For example Mission Valley will over property on over an acre of land at 400,000 while South Venice will be 175,000 for 0.25 acre lot and access to private beach and boat ramp? If you would like to receive listings in the non deed restricted neighborhoods of Southern Sarasota County give us a call at 941-375-6864 or reach us by email johnpeirano@comcast.net
Web Reference:  http://24-7team.com
John August, , 34236
Thu Oct 18, 2007
The City of Sarasota has certain restrictions for example height of structure, setbacks and tree cutting. If you are interested in those restriction let me know and I can submit details. Even with out a Home Owners Association the county and city of Sarasota require permits for most construction activities. If you are interested in parking a boat, trailers or commercial trucks this would require a Non Deed Restricted neighborhood, but even there not all Non Deed Restricted areas allow for parking of boats, trailer or commercial trucks.
Paula Bean, , Orlando, FL
Wed Oct 10, 2007
I would follow the advice of Adam, as he seems to know the area. I would also be curious as to why you wouldn't be interested in voluntary HOA's as they are more of a social club than anything. What are your goals with the non deed restricted neighborhoods? Why is that important?

If we knew the answers to these questions, we might be able to help answer your question a little better and give you some other options to consider.