Where are good places to advertise home for sale by owner with OWNER FINANCING?

Asked by Peter Thorwarth, Collegeville, PA Wed May 15, 2013

Newspapers? Websites? Other?

I could consider offering a flat fee (say $3,000) to whoever brings me a buyer that I approve.

Answers

3
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Fri May 17, 2013
HI again, I just answered your other question.

1. FSBO.com or any of their competitors (just Google FSBO) is key. Make sure they are going to place you on the MLS.
2. NOT newspapers. Print is dead. 90% of Buyers find their home online.
3. Craigslist.org is a great place, but you have to update multiple times a day to remain fresh, or on top.
4. There are hundreds of other sites that I feed to, such as Philly.com. Realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow, and tons more. I am not sure if FSBOs can list their homes on those sites. You will have to look into.
5. For $3,000, your home better be worth approx. $100,000. By the time we reach your home, we may have looked at 100s of homes. Also, the contracts, inspections, titling process, etc, all takes much time and effort. If you are not offering approx. 3% to the Buyer's agent, the Buyer may not wish to pick up the difference and may instruct their agent not to show them your house.

I would consider this: offer at least 2.5% to the Buyer's agent (it's cheaper than 5 or 6% if you have you own agent too) and engage the brokerage community by delivering flyers to all the major offices near Collegeville.

Jennifer Lam…, Agent, Burlington, NC
Fri May 17, 2013
In addition to the options below I would advertise on craigslist. In my past experience working with investors the most effective way to market owner finance homes has been yard signs. The yard sign was almost always the source marketing that brought the buyer.
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Wed May 15, 2013
FSBO.com or google websites for Sale by owner!