Where I can get information on the details of condo conversion for a multi-family home in Cambridge, MA?

Asked by Kaden, Cambridge, MA Mon Aug 27, 2007

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jon Ernest, , Brookline, MA
Mon Aug 27, 2007
That's a very broad question. I guess I don't even know where to start answering it.... Are you trying to find out information on a specific multi-family conversion? Are you asking about the process you need to go through to legally convert a multi family? I am converting a Cambridge Multifamily right now, and would be happy to help you out. Please specify or feel free to contact me directly jon@spotlightre.com I'd be happy to answer whatever I can.
1 vote
I wish i saw this question 3 days ago. I actually just held a seminar on condo conversion. The first thing you will need to do is hire a real estate attorney who can draft a master deed. Then you will need to hire an architect to draw up building plans. Building plans are necessary even for an existing structure. There will be common areas and exclusive areas for different units. All of this needs to be as clear as possible to avoid any future disputes and aggravation for the future condo owner. I highly recommend Ken and Ellie Vining Law office at 761 Broadway in Somerville. They specialize in real estate law. Also John Vining (yes related) for a residential Architecture. Please feel free to reach out to me personally with any other questions.

Travers Peterson
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
1730 Mass Ave Cambridge Ma 02138
Flag Tue Nov 11, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more