When someone asks you about Alexandria, what do you tell them?

Asked by Delaine Campbell, Alexandria, VA Sun Jan 13, 2013

Answers

4
Ray Baumann’s answer
Ray Baumann, Agent, Alexandria, VA
Mon Jan 14, 2013
I give the quick answer, a colonial era port city on the river just south of WDC and with lots of historic charm and character. It extends south to George Washington's colonial plantation home of Mt Vernon and is connected via a scenic parkway and bike trails. It lies partly in Fairfax County and in a separate city area that goes to National Airport to the North and Landmark and I-395 to the west.
Will Nesbitt, Agent, Alexandria, VA
Mon Jan 14, 2013
I tell them if they need a good Realtor it's hard to beat Delaine Campbell, but if she's booked they can call me. Then I tell them . . .

Alexandria is one of the oldest settlements in Northern Virginia and tourists and locals alike enjoy the historic atmosphere and cafe-culture of Old Town Alexandria. Old Town might be the best known neighborhood in Alexandria, but it's just one of many unique places to live in Alexandria. Del Ray is very different from West End which is different from Seminary Hill or the Eisenhower Valley. There is something for everyone here, especially when you include Lower Alexandria / Mount Vernon as part of the Alexandria community.
Alan Wagman, Agent, Arlington, VA
Wed Oct 2, 2013
historic charm and urban convenience in a location centrally located to DC.
Kelly, , Alexandria, VA
Wed Feb 6, 2013
great place to live, historic, and close to d.c.