What type of community would be best for a person concerned with neighbors not taking care of their property , not controlling thier barking dogs?

Asked by Cindy And Shawn Acri, Spartanburg, SC Wed Sep 29, 2010

My husband has a low tolarance for inconsiderate neighbors when it comes to excessive dog barking or not maintaining property such as falling fences, leaf clean up, lawn cutting ,putting trash out for pick up thins like that.

Answers

4
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Wed Sep 29, 2010
I would agree - check out communities with strict rules - some even prohibit dogs which may be a good fit for you.

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference:  http://www.feenick.com
Terry Bell, Agent, Santa Rosa, CA
Wed Sep 29, 2010
Living in a gated community with a home owner's association is probably what your husband has in mind, however these homes tend to be more expensive and may not be in your budget or you'd be there already! The other thing about HOAs is that, although your neighbors have to abide by rules, so do you! You need to ask yourself, if your husband tolerance levels are low, he may get annoyed having a HOA telling him what to do on his own property! I suggest you start to focus on what will make you happy and then let him choose from the various places you found that you like. Best,
Terry Bell, Realtor
Santa Rosa, CA
Frank Diaz, Agent, Honolulu, HI
Wed Sep 29, 2010
Hi Cindy,

I live in a townhome and have for 10 years. I think it's the best way to live. Sometimes you get noise from the neighbors, but generally, it is a great way to live, because you have less maintenance. The maintenance fee you pay allows you to lock the door, go for a walk, and not have to worry about cleaning the rain gutters, mowing the lawn, taking out the trashcans.

If the complex allows pets, then make sure you know the rules. Ours allows up to 3 pets, but we haven't had any major problems so far.

Aloha,
Frank
Web Reference:  http://www.hawaiihome.biz/
Scott Miller, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Wed Sep 29, 2010
Hi Cindy. You should be looking for a home that is possibly 1) gated, 2) run by a homeowner's association that does not allow dogs. HOAs make sure that issues pertaining to noise, neglect, and animals are usually handled by a board of homeowners that want to keep the values of their properties up by keeping the community in top, A-1 condition.

GOOD LUCK.

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL