What realtor should I use for selling and buying? I live in Montgomery County,Pa.

Asked by Rich, Norristown, PA Sun Mar 22, 2009

Answers

13
Rick Gambone, Agent, Blue Bell, PA
Fri Mar 25, 2011
Hi Rich,

I think i can be of a big help to you in the purchase of your home. I was born and raised in norristown,currently live in east norriton and i know the surrounding areas very well.

I am also involved with a local moving co. which will be a benefit for you as i will assist you in every aspect of your realestate purchase.

Thank you and Good luck
Rick Gambone
Century 21 Alliance Blue Bell
215-641-9500 x 321
610-587-2516
rickgambonehomes.com
Kevin Van Ho…, , 19103
Tue Mar 24, 2009
I think the most important thing is to meet several and talk to them. My best advice is for you to remember that your realtor will not only be working with you but for you. This is a big deal. If your agent doesn't believe this or clearly state it, then you need to consider their agenda.

Another key is to find out if this is their full time job or something that they work on at night or on the weekends. This is huge, in my honest opinion.

After talking to them, you should have found out where they have lived, worked and sold. I strongly recommend considering your options when hiring an agent. If I was selling my home, I would want the best listing agent. If I was buying a home, I would want the best selling agent. There is a difference. Don't feel forced to use the same for both. If you feel that your chosen realtor is the best at both, then go right ahead.

Don't worry about cuts on listing commission b/c you will use them to buy. It may cost you more in your negotiations.

Of course, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't looking to help out and to try to gain business. I have lived in Norristown for a few yeas and know the market extensively. If you need anything or have any questions at all, please feel free to email me at no obligation.

Have a great day! Whatever way you go, good luck.

kevinv@premierrreo.net
Judy May, Es…, , Collegeville, PA
Mon Mar 23, 2009
Rich, what a GREAT (albeit loaded:) question. While I would love the opportunity to earn your business, I would recommend that -- to best protect you and your interests -- you interview 2-4 Realtors. And I mean REALLY interview them.

First, to find Realtors to interview, go online and search (here at trulia, you'll find wonderful Realtors from which to choose). Then check out their websites...yes, this IS important. If a Realtor has their own unique website (and not a cookie-cutter one from their real estate company) this tells you something important right off the bat -- that they are SERIOUS about their full-time BUSINESS of real estate and prove that by INVESTING money into their own website. When selling your home, your listing needs to be EVERYWHERE on the Internet...so that it can be easily "found" by prospective buyers. Having searching capabilities on your listing agent's website is ONE MORE url where your listing can be found. (Of course I have to plug my own website that I worked hard on putting together...I'd love your honest feedback on it.....you'll find it at http://www.JudysFineHomes.com)

Second, meet with each and GRILL them....ask them anything and everything you'd like to know. How long have they been in the business? How does the homebuying process work? What makes them different from other Realtors? What's their expertise? etc. In particular, when looking for a listing agent for your home, ask each Realtor to tell you SPECIFICALLY how they will market your home -- ideally they should have a Marketing Plan to show you. For example, ask the Realtor to show you SPECIFICALLY all of the websites where your listing will be located (don't let them get away with telling you: "your listing wil be LOTS of websites"....you deserve to be told exactly WHERE each Realtor will place your listing).

Then, sit back and analyse each Realtor with whom you've met. Typically, there will be 1 that you'll "click" with...and that's important. You'll be spending quite a bit of time with your Realtor so you need to get along with each other....and you also have to TRUST that the Realtor has YOUR best interest in mind at every turn. Besides this, clearly you need to feel comfortable with the Realtor's expertise in negotiation -- this is CRITICAL to obtaining the best price for the home that you're selling as well as the home you would love to own. As a formerly practicing attorney who has dealt with hundreds of contract negotiations, I am uniquely poised to bring to you not only a Realtor's expertise, but also years of experience re: million-dollar negotiation strategies.

One more thing to note: On my website, I offer FREE Special Reports for Buyers & Sellers. You can view these Reports as well as request a copy at http://www.JudysFineHomes.com/meet/reports.htm.

I hope you find this helpful. I look forward to the opportunity to earn your business.
Please call me at (610) 324-5240 with ANY questions you may have -- whether that question relates to buying or selling real estate. It would be my pleasure to assist you in any way that I can.

Warmly,
Judy

Judy May, Esquire, REALTOR
"A Refreshingly Different Real Estate Experience"
http://www.JudysFineHomes.com
http://www.CollegevilleAreaHomes.com
judy@JudysFineHomes.com
O: 610.489.7700
C: 610.324.5240 (preferred)

Search the MLS!
http://www.CollegevilleAreaHomes.com
Edmund Choi, Agent, Paoli, PA
Sun Mar 22, 2009
Please contact me to interview for the opportunity to be of assistance. 484.324.4731.

Trusted for Service. Respected for Results.
Web Reference:  http://MainLineandBeyond.com
Laura Selver…, Agent, Blue Bell, PA
Sun Mar 22, 2009
Hi Rich-
There's a lot to consider when selecting an agent & office to represent you in your real estate transactions. Below I have outlined some key thoughts to help you in determining which agent may be the best match for you ...

First and foremost, interview several agents ... it will give you a broader perspective on what each agent has to offer and what experience each brings to the table. Keep in mind, experiences isn't always measured in years ... get an idea of the volume the agent is doing ... both in units and in dollars.

Some agents are "niche/speciality" type agents .. others are broader in their business scope. Depending on your preferences, you may want one type of agent over another.

You also want an agent that does a solid amount of work in your area; the more work they are doing in your area ... the more well-versed they will be on pricing & market trends in your town/subdivision/etc. & the more in tune they will be to understanding the inventory you are competing with.

Understand your agent's "style" and how it aligns with your preferences ...
How often do they communicate with you and by what means?
How detailed of an individual are they and how will that play a role in how they perform for you?
How accessible are they ?.... do they work alone or with a team? ... and the pros and cons of each ...
On the listing side, what does their marketing and advertising package look like?
Overall ... what does their list to sale price ratios look like ... when representing clients either as buyers or sellers?
Are they backed by a strong brokerage ... and what percentage of the market does that brokerage represent?

Finally, don't be afraid to ask for client feedback. A solid agent will have a solid following and will be able to forward you a long list of references. And ... rather than have the agent hand-pick the references ... see if he/she will allow you to do a random selection of their clients; you're more likely to get a fair review.

When you're ready to begin interviewing, please consider adding me to your roster of agents. I'd be happy to talk with you further in person.

Best wishes,
Laura Selverian, ABR
Prudential Fox & Roach
lselverian@selverian.com
215-680-3516 (cell)
Susan Meyers, , Fort Washington, PA
Sun Mar 22, 2009
Hi Rich,

Of course my gut response to your question is "ME!"; however, I am an advocate of interviewing Realtors. If you want to find the right person, the one who will do the most for you, invite some of us in and hear what each of us plans to do to help you sell AND buy. Selling is all about price, marketing, and follow through, so make sure you ask every Realtor you meet how he/she handles these aspects of selling. Also, ask for client testimonials - this will give you some insight into the Realtor's strengths and qualities. And finally, make sure you simply LIKE your Realtor. You will be working closely with this person for several months, so if they are annoying or bossy or whatever you may find distasteful, choose someone else.

Good luck to you Rich! I hope to hear from you soon to set up an interview. In the meantime, please check out my website to read some of my testimonials and to see some of my SOLD statistics.

Susan Meyers
Weichert Realtors - Ft. Washington
215-692-3518
215-646-1700 x121
Web Reference:  http://www.susanmeyers.net
Erica Ramus,…, Agent, Pottsville, PA
Sun Mar 22, 2009
Web Reference:  http://move2pennsylvania.com
Renee Porsia, Agent, Newtown, PA
Sun Mar 22, 2009
Hi Rich,

I think you asked a similar question and I answered it so I hope I do not repeat myself.

You really need to inerview a few Realtors. You can choose a few from Trulia or you can ask a friend or family member for a referral.

Some things you should be concerned with when selling your home is how well does the agent communicate as well as how good a negotiator is the Realtor. You can usually get some idea of how good a negotiator the Realtor is by how they handle themselves when you interview them. How does the Realtor work? Do they cooperate with other Realtors, do they present offers on the weekends are they a hot head and do they present all offers? All of these characteristics are important to you because if the Realtor doesn't cooperate with other Realtors and doesn't present offers on the weekends and is a hot head, it will wind up hurting you in the end. There are many Realtors who do not present all offers and you as the home owner have the right to see every single offer on your home and the Realtor doesn't have the right to decide which offers they present to you.

There are specific details that should be implemented into the listing contract that will benefit you. If you would like to know what these are, feel free to email me and I will be happy to list them for you. Too much to put here.

Are you realistic about your listing price and will you want to hear the truth from the Realtor? If you feel that your home is worth more than what similar homes have recently sold for in your area, you will not sell your home and it will sit on the market.

As for a buyer agent, you should use the same Realtor who lists your home to be your buyer agent unless the Realtor doesn't want to be your buyer agent because perhaps they do not feel comfortable with the area you want to move to.

You need an aggressive Realtor for both transactions.

I would love to talk with you further about your situation and what services I provide. I sell all all over Philadelphia, Bucks and Montgomery Counties.

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
RE/MAX ACTION REALTY
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office Ask For Renee
http://www.reneeporsia.com Read my latest blog
Kimberly Col…, Agent, Limerick, PA
Sun Mar 22, 2009
Rich,
Hi! I always like to meet with my possible clients (buyers or seller) and get to know them over coffee/tea, my treat! If you don't feel comfortable with me or if I don't feel comfortable with you we can part ways with no bad feelings. And this way if things don't work out and I know a Realtor that would fit you better I recommend them for you to work with.
You have to feel comfortable, since you are making one of the biggest decisions of your life!
If I can be of any service, please feel free to call me at 610-476-7519. I would be happy to meet with you!
Have a great afternoon!

Kimberly Collins
Realtor, ABR
Keller Williams Realty Group
O: 610-792-5900
C: 610-476-7519
Nancy Judovi…, , Collegeville, PA
Sun Mar 22, 2009
Hi Rich!

What a loaded question to ask a bunch of Realtors! If you are selling and buying a home you will be having a 3-9 month relationship with whomever you choose. I would suggest choosing an experienced Realtor in the area you are looking to do business in. Then choose one that you like. If you like that person they are likely to be honest, trustworthy, hardworking and someone you can talk to candidly. Most Realors in the area are competent so interview a few and see which ones you think you could stand hearing from on a regular basis and has your ultimate goals as their top priority.

Nancy Judovits
Weichert, Realtors
610-409-9911 x 160/Office
610-409-6660/Direct
NancyJRealtor.com
Web Reference:  http://www.NancyJRealtor.com
Michael Rayno, Agent, Cape May, NJ
Sun Mar 22, 2009
I know a very good realtor in that area her name is Monica Maben she works for Prudential Fox & Roach
her office # is 215-242-2200.
Good Luck with your search.
Terrence Cha…, Home Owner, Allentown, PA
Sun Mar 22, 2009
You would need to research several agents and see what they have to offer in services. Having your agent represent you in both the buying and selling process would be great if you are staying in generally the same area. If you are moving some distance away, you could get a referral from your agent (once you choose one to sell your home).

Hope that helps,

Terrence Charest, e-Pro
David Ortlieb, , Blue Bell, PA
Sun Mar 22, 2009
Rich,

Your realtor should only be interested in What's in it for you. This is the biggest move you will make and it needs to be treated that way. Give me a call and I can explain. I can send you some information on hiring a realtor also. There is a huge difference between realtors. Proactive and Reactive. In today's climate you need a Proactive Realtor.

Dave Ortlieb
Coldwell Banker Preferred