What kind of people lives on South beach now?

Asked by JL Delbeke Sotheby's, Miami Beach, FL Fri Jul 13, 2007

Answers

9
Hagen Hendrix, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Fri Jul 13, 2007
I guess that's the beauty about living in South Florida and Miami Beach. The diversity of unique cultures that mingle in South Beach on a daily, and nightly, basis makes it a great place to be. Whether you are 20 or older, you are welcome. We don't hold grutches and we want anybody and everybody to be part of our lively and diverse scene. So, to sum it up ... South Beach is a place for young and old, for poor and wealthy, from educated or not as much, but the importance .... it is a wonderful place to call home and to be happy living in.
Yvon Beaubrun, , 33139
Wed Feb 19, 2014
Jean-Louis, South Beach is a very transient area. It changes constantly. I've lived on the beach for the last year and in Miami for the past 5 years. South Beach is completely different from all other areas of greater Miami. I like to say that South Beach is like a bubble economy because it is constantly changing. The people here are in one week and out the next. You get people from all over the world that come here. I go to Starbucks on Washington Ave which is the heart of the beach and always enjoy seeing the diversity of people. -From Europe, Latin America, Russia, Japan, etc. Generally speaking though there is a strong community of Latin Americans like Cubans, Haitians, Colombians, which makes for a nice diversity of culture. Take care.
Jeffrey Mill…, Agent, Miami Beach, FL
Tue Feb 17, 2015
South Beach is known for attracting people from all walks of life and all parts of the globe. Even the locals come from a dizzying array of different backgrounds. In real estate, we have been seeing a lot of foreign investors and businessmen buying condos on South Beach. It's a cultural melting pot - take a stroll down Lincoln Road and you'll hear accents from all around the world. That's what makes South Beach so incredible, you can meet so many different kinds of people.
Michael DeFi…, Agent, Miami Beach, FL
Mon Oct 27, 2014
All kinds of people. The demographic is definitely getting younger and more professional people from New York and other areas are realizing this place is paradise. I love loving in South Beach and look forward to it's continued evolution.

http://MDRealtyMiami.com
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Thu Jul 24, 2014
I'll be there the last week of August to find out for myself.
Without doubt eyes and noses will be counted on each face.
Arms and legs are expected to come in pairs.
If this kind of people is not found, I will report back immediately.

Every year that I have visited South Beach I leave with a tinge of jealousy.
This is a magical place where anything can happen.
You can run into the most unexpected people who are just as surprised at seeing YOU!

And for those in need of props, stroll long enough and you will get the biggest ego boost ever....but will find out it is a scam to get you to buy a gazillion professional photographs. For a moment, I did feel like a star.

The wealthy from NY, Paris, London, KL, San Palo, Moscow, find the need to exhibit their wealth and participate in opulent consumption. It seems if you are not aboard a 125 foot yacht you are nothing more than a week end fisherman.

You will not be able to get away from this eclectic mix of shakers and movers with a weekend excursion to Key West.

Seems I should spend some time at Starbucks as Yvon suggests.
Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
Irina Karan, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thu Jul 24, 2014
South Beach is home to locals and guests from around the world.
The locals would be those who either work in the service industry and/or like to live close to the beach or those who live in beautiful and exclusive luxury condominiums.
Guests stay in the multitude of hotels South Beach is known for, or they visit their 2nd home condos in the area. There are also local visitors who come to South Beach for fun, shopping and see and be seen...

So, South Beach is very international and there is nothing else like it.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Julie Mushett, , Miami Beach, FL
Fri Oct 24, 2008
South Beach has to be home to one of the most diverse places in the world. I've met someone from so many different countries in Latin America, Europe, Northern Africa, Central Africa, Middle East, and also found my husband who is from South Africa! There are people of all ages, colors, and sizes, to sum it up, South Beach is a melting pot of people worldwide!
Michele (Moo…, , 33139
Thu Apr 24, 2008
South Beach has a young, hip population, with a large number of it's residents from Europe or South America. It's cultural diversity make it an amazing place to live. A stroll down Lincoln Road will often make you forget what country you live in. Spanish and Italian pour from the mouths of many people enjoying the outdoor cafes. That said, there are many second generation Miamians living on the beach. We also have a very transient population, but living here and knowing the locals makes it feel like a very tiny town.
Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Thu Dec 20, 2007
Al kinds of people! From A-Z

I'd say the dominant resident of South Beach is youthful at heart. Since much of South Beach is geared towards entertainment and recreation. South Beach is still considered a "Party Place" more than anything else. That's my opinion.
Web Reference:  http://www.SoBe24Live.com