What is wrong with Shady Shores?

Asked by Cz, Bossier City, LA Tue Sep 4, 2007

It seems like a nice area, but the houses almost seem too cheap, Since I am out of state, what do I need to know about the area?

Answers

9
Jesse&cindy…, Home Buyer, Pensacola, FL
Thu Jan 17, 2013
I dont know what kind of Ax Anomyous is grinding but I have lived here 6yrs and had none of those problems,small town,quiet laid back community. Takes 5 mins from where I live to get to Interstate , cost of water is about 1/2 the cost in Corinth. I would highly reccomend Shady Shores to family and friends...........
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Wed Sep 5, 2007
You may also want to check with the local police department to see what crime is like in the area and the Chamber of Commerce.
J Lo, Home Buyer, California Glory, Brentwood, CA
Wed Sep 5, 2007
Hi Cz:
Take a quick look at this web site - it's chocked full of interesting statistics about Shady Shores. Maybe you'll get an epiphany:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Shady-Shores-Texas.html

Or better yet, maybe you'll find out that this is the town for you!
Christine S…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Sep 17, 2012
I personally love shady shores I have lived here for 8 years and the small town feel. homes are less expensive because know one knows the area
KLloveshummi…, Home Owner, Denton County, TX
Fri Sep 14, 2012
I have lived in Denton county for 30+ years, currently live in Corinth which is adjacent to Shady Shores. I like the Shady Shores laid back lake community feel more than the Corinth trying-to-be upscale atmosphere. Shady Shores may not be a status community, but if you want more space, close to the lake, and good value, consider it.
Anonymous, , Gainesville and Whitesboro
Sat Sep 29, 2007
Considered "undesireable" area by area residents. More low income residents, poor maintence, teen problems, drugs and alcohol issues. School councelor advised not to let our teen hang out with anyone from this area.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Wed Sep 5, 2007
It seems that Shady Shores is a quiet community that offers peaceful living, but may not always have conveniences as readily available as more developed communities. From a quick review, it seems that it the extended commute may factor into lower prices. For many, an extra bit of driving is well worth the savings; particularly those who value space, peace and quiet.
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Wed Sep 5, 2007
Nice area...I'd be surprised if many of the people who live there are really concerned with crime as mentioned below. I think the issue for most people is distance from the city...like Dallas and the airport and amount of traffic on I35. However this is of course an individual situation. If you'll work in Denton or Corinth or somewhere around there, definately a nice choice of places to live. Houses are less expensive than some other areas and typically have larger lots than you can get for the same money closer to town. Shopping is not real close...probably most people are going to stores in Corinth or South Denton. I have one good friend who has lived there for several years now and loves it. Let me know if you need any additional assistance.
Web Reference:  http://www.teamlynn.com
Scott Alexan…, Agent, San Angelo, TX
Wed Sep 5, 2007
It looks as if Jeanette knows her stuff. You said you are from out of state. Maybe good values like this are why people are coming to Texas. We are experiencing a reverse Horace Greely as people from CA and AZ are having epiphanies and moving here. Affordable housing is certainly a good thing. Hope that you find what you are looking for.