What is the most popular beach in San Diego, CA?

Asked by Melissa Collins, La Jolla, CA Sat Oct 20, 2007

Answers

13
Brian Kiczula, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Thu Nov 8, 2007
Del Mar is a great beach.
Bill Richard, , 92009
Sat Oct 20, 2007
Wow what a question. Pacific Beach is where most of the college age people hang out. There are just so many nice beaches each with it's own feel. Best sand - LaJolla or Oceanside. Best breaks - too many to count if the surf is up. Family - Moonlight beach Encinitas. Tourist - Del Mar. Dog lovers - Dog Beach Del Mar/ Solana Beach. Carlsbad Beachs are great - Ponto etc.
Amanda Guerin, , Mission Hills, CA
Tue Nov 18, 2008
Hands down Coronado!!! Rated on of America's Top 10 Beaches a few years ago.
Web Reference:  http://www.AmandaGuerin.net
James Baxter, Agent, Encinitas, CA
Tue Nov 18, 2008
To answer the question.
I think you would be tied between PB/OB (PB is north of the 8 less parking OB south of the 8 better parking, with mission beach right in between. All great beaches) and Oceanside.
This is do to location, parking and faculties, sand - the whole nine yards, They are fantastic beaches and get a ton of traffic due to the events that they hold.
Bottom line all the beaches on the California coast are stealer and as everyone before me has said it really depends on what you are looking for.
Web Reference:  http://www.rescg.com
Michael Ford, Agent,
Mon Nov 19, 2007
For what purpose? since i surf i have some biases but they usually have little to do with the beach itself.

If i had no money limitations i would probably steer towards La Jolla...world class surf at more name brand reefs than anywhere I've ever been except the north shore of Oahu and also some really great lounging beaches. And for the nudsts (and pervs) there's Blacks which also has some killer waves so you have a three bagger there. long walk though unless you buy a home in the Farms.

That said, most beaches have something to recommend them. let us know what you're looking for specifically and we can help.
Web Reference:  http://encinitashome.com
Perry Hender…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Nov 14, 2007
I love La Joya..... Great surfing
Ty, , San Diego, CA
Wed Nov 14, 2007
Moonlight beach in Encinitas, sand is a little rocky but everything is close, shops food etc. Good family fun without the cursing college kids of PB, Mission
Bill Richard, , 92009
Mon Nov 12, 2007
The only reason a lot of people would say La Jolla Shores is because they are not aware of the North Oceanside beach which is not only cleaner, longer with more facitities for the public including parking which is almost impossible in La Jolla.
Also there is a big difference when it comes to surf breaks throughout the county.
Michael West, , Corona, CA
Sun Nov 11, 2007
It would have to be La Jolla Shores. It's also one of the cleanest beaches I've been to on the west coast.
Isaac Bensus…, , 92037
Sun Nov 11, 2007
I believe one of the best beaches is La Jolla Shores. I am not a very good swimmer so I prefer La Jolla Shores because you can go into the water quite far and you can still walk. The waves are soft so you can take your children and enjoy playing. Windansea Beach and the rest of La Jolla Beaches are only for good swimmers.
Jason West, , 92118
Tue Oct 23, 2007
There are so many great places to past time down at the beach. If you have time, its always best to explore and see first hand what each place is like. Each one is a little different and will have it's own features. We have many visitors come here to the white sand beaches in Coronado. The beaches up by Torrey Pines and the Del Mar area are great, a little more rustic and wild and they can offer a little hiking as well! Have fun!
The Hagley G…, Agent, Pleasanton, CA
Sun Oct 21, 2007
It depends on what you are specifically looking for....overall....my vote is Pacific Beach.
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Sat Oct 20, 2007
I would vote for Mission Beach and Pacific Beach. They are both know to attract many a crowd.s