What is the best real estate company to work for in Dallas, TX for someone new to the industry? e.g. Remax, KW, Coldwell Banker, Ebby Halliday, etc?

Asked by Ll2203, Dallas, TX Wed Jun 27, 2012

I will have already obtained my license when I look to enter the industry.

Answers

26
David Brown’s answer
David Brown, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Apr 4, 2013
If you are looking for a more boutique style firm, be sure to research David Christopher & Associates. They do not have office fees and provide monthly lead generation.

http://www.DavidChristopherAssoc.com
Dixon Wong, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Welcome to the business!

All of these companies are great companies. You need to find a team leader that will help you to grow and help you to be best you can.

I visited lots of offices when I first came to the business and you will know which one fits for you the most. Its about what you want to be and your broker is the one will help you to get there!

Dixon
Melissa Watt, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Ebby Halliday Realtors!
Ebby Halliday is very hands on about teaching new Agents about the Real Estate Business. Ebby Halliday is very supportive of all it's new Agents.
Pelin Guzel, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Congrats on obtainig your license!!!

The best Real Estate Company would be different people to people. Everyone of us has different approach to our Real Estate Business.
You may want to think about your style,too. Do you like laid back environment or very strict rules? Are you planning to work from home or office? There are many details that you may want to think about it before making a decision.

I am working on these aspects nowadays too and I will be more than happy to talk about it, when you have time. We will have a coffee... Let me know...

Pelin Guzel
DHL Realty Group
Michelle Unw…, Agent, DALLAS, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Ebby Halliday has EXCELLENT training!! You will not go wrong with Ebby!
Andrew Wetzel, , Dallas, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
I agree with a few of the other posters below- the best choice in a broker is the one that fits best for you. With Remax, Coldwell, KW, and Ebby Halliday you have four great choices to start with. Just be sure to get the exact details on how your money will be split first and keep an open mind until you've interviewed with as many real estate companies as you feel is necessary to make a decision. Welcome to the business- it's an exciting time to be in real estate!
Kenneth "Ken…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
All are good. Thier fees are all different. Ask a lot of questions and watch everything. Some offices can be toxic.

Kenny
Acdc1love, Home Buyer, Dallas, TX
Fri Oct 14, 2016
I'm in school for Real Estate and will be taking my State exam in November. I will be starting out as a part time agent. My goal is to be a full time agent less than a year, So I'm looking for a Broker that can train and help me reach my goal
Jelena Petro…, Agent, Addison, TX
Fri Jul 25, 2014
KELLER WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!

Call me and Ill meet you for coffee and tell you how amazing they are!
I have only been with them a month so I know what your going through!

214-714-3137

I am looking forward to hearing from you! :)

Jelena Petrovic
Michael Brow…, Agent, Allen, TX
Sun Jun 15, 2014
The best company is not a one size fits all, it all depends on what you are looking for in an office/company and what the office/company is willing to provide to you!
Lanre Folayan, Agent, Washington, DC
Sun Jun 15, 2014
Hello Ll2203,

I know it has been close to 2 years since you have posted this. But I am curious to know who did you end up signing up with? Also how do you like it so far? http://www.buyandsellnewhomes.com
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Sun Jun 15, 2014
Where did you end up? How's your experience?

We've got a strong office in Coppell and always looking for great agents who want to make a difference.
Esther Torres…, Agent, Frisco, TX
Mon May 12, 2014
I would say interview with various brokers and try to go to one of their team meetings. Once you gone through the process of speaking to various brokers and picking up the various company cultures you will know. This business can be tough when you first start having a great broker and support system is key. Contact me if you ever have any questions.
Thanks. what company are you with? May I have a number to set up a meeting?
Flag Fri Oct 14, 2016
aking705, Renter, Dallas, TX
Mon May 12, 2014
Have you tried Avenue Realty? They will pay for your school and get your marketing tools ready, ie.. head shots, business cards, yard signs, mailers, videos, ets... worth a look. http://theavenue.co
Andrea Trimb…, Agent, Plano, TX
Tue Jan 29, 2013
My Fiance and I interviewed with multiple companies here in Dallas. We were pretty set on going with a big name, but then we came across JP and Associates Realtors. JP Piccinini has been an incredible leader and supporter providing education you can't find anywhere else.

Choosing a company is a personal preference. You are the one who has to feel like you are getting the attention you deserve and the support you need to grow in this industry. Make sure you look over all the pros and cons of each brokerage you are considering.

If you have any questions I am available to talk about my personal experience.

Andrea Ghio

(817) 789-5591
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Interesting....you got a lot of answers here a while back.

I forgot to tell you we have some nice sheets that outline exactly your costs.

Be care of the ones that promise this or that.....Some will tell you that you will make 100% commission. I remember I spoke with one of the big guys about this and yes they give you 100% of the commission, but wanted me to sign a one year contract to pay them about $20,000, plus they wanted me to pay a franchise fee of 6% on every transaction..... I'm not sure how that adds up to 100% for me...at best in my math that makes it 94%....and then who knows how you count the other $20,000.

What every new agent needs is a program to generate leads and help figuring out how to do that. You don't necessarily want them to feed you leads, then you wont be able to do that on your own, but you want them to be able to teach you how to do it for yourself. That over and above any cost concerns is what I would focus on. Of course costs is an issue too, but you dont always want to go with the lowest cost provider.
etg, , Dallas, TX
Mon Aug 20, 2012
ebby halliday and virginia cook are by far the best
Christi Hebi…, Agent, Richardson, TX
Thu Jul 12, 2012
Well I have to go with IVY LEAGUE REALTY. We are all about Honesty, Integrity, and really caring about the client! We dont do anything unethical. Everything is checked and doublechecked to be by the books. We are a team here and have 100 % access to the broker who is the most honest person I know (other than me :)...
Kurt Carlton, , Dallas, TX
Wed Jul 11, 2012
New Western for Investment RE by far they are the only choice in DFW
Brian Rayl, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sun Jul 8, 2012
Every broker is different and different brokerage offices have very different atmospheres.

For instance, 1 office may be a young, energetic office while another may be a more formal, professional office even if they are with the same big brokerages i.e. KW, CB, ReMax, EH, etc.

As a new agent, the area that you probably need to focus on is education. While company caps and commission splits may be big factors, you won't have to worry about those 2 items if you don't actually LEARN how to do real estate, and getting licensed does NOT teach you that. I joined Keller Williams as a new agent and the education that I received has been invaluable.

There are several brokers who offer 100% commissions but will offer you absolutely no training, mentorship, or guidance. Many people think that Real Estate is easy, but its not. It takes time, money, energy, and a LOT of dedication. If you are going to "educate yourself" then it is going to be even harder to get started.

I would suggest that you interview at a few different offices of each brokerage in your area. Find out which offices offer the best in education and support. If you would like to speak with me about Keller Williams, I would be happy to chat. My cell phone number is 214-601-4192.
Trang Lam, , Dallas, TX
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Hey welcome to Dallas!

I believe it really depends on what stage you are in real estate and where you plan to be... If you have need a lot of support then training will be important. But if you already have experience an office that offers training and high office fees may not be the best choice. Also what specialty or niche do you think you may pursue? That makes a difference in brokerage options also... I am part of a real estate investing group... If you would like to come by to attend one of our meetings, I would love to have you join us.... Any questions give me a call and I can help you get them answered.

Trang Lam
Upscale Lease LLC
OPT Realty Group
tranglamcorp@gmail.com
8326064212
2149973289
Kim Stover S…, Agent, Frisco, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Diamond Realty Group is a great office that empowers their Agents with state of the art websites, great training and support. Feel free to call me for more information.

Kim Stover Schumacher
214-762-0952
Lance Blakew…, Agent, Carrollton, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
I would call a few agents from each company and just ask them if they are happy etc.. You can go to each of the companies main sites. I would also take in to consideration my commission split. They are all different with each one. Some are 50/50, 70/30, and some are 100% like mine.
Jay Narey, , Dallas, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
My advice is to first examine closely the "business structure" of the brokerage.
By that I mean are they a "top-down" organization or a "bottom-up" organization ???
It makes a difference. Also examine not only your Commission Split , but also any other "fees" that you will be responsible for. This is not an inexpensive industry to work in.
Finally, I would suggest the importance of regular and continuing education classes. At my firm, there is a training / marketing / technology class practically every day - and you can avail yourself to attend whichever you choose.

It all depends on whether you want a high degree of autonomy or whether you want a highly structured work environment. I like the Keller Williams business model. It's very agent friendly, with great training, and is more of a bottom-up organization.

Ultimately the "best" company is the one you feel most comfortable with !
Good Luck !!!

JAY NAREY ABR, ALHS
Keller Williams - Preston Rd.
Dallas
Web Reference:  http://www.jaynarey.com
Bruce Ericks…, Agent, Irving, TX
Wed Jun 27, 2012
Make sure you add Century 21 Judge Fite to your list to interview.

Best of luck in a great career! Bruce
Tommy Burris, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Baton Rouge, LA
Wed Jun 27, 2012
You might want to consider some independent brokers....
While the big name is nice.... You might get better tutelage from a small shop!!

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
DallasLoanGuy.com
(214) 763-4629 cell/text/nights/weekends(Really!!)
tomburris@dallasloanguy.com
Lending all across the entire Great State of Texas!!
NMLS# 335055
Search Dallas area MLS for FREE. No registration => http://www.ntreisinnovia.net/cgi-ntr/BR_login?0501134