What is the best internet provider?

Asked by Alex K, California Mon Jul 2, 2007

Answers

11
Irina Netcha…, Agent, San Marino, CA
Mon Jul 2, 2007
In the San Gabriel Valley area, SBCGlobal or AT&T seems to do great.
Rebecca Cham…, , Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Mon Jul 2, 2007
It depends where you live and what services are important to you.
mangofruit911, Home Buyer, USA, Mobile, AL
Fri Feb 14, 2014
Nowadays there are lot of internet service providers who offer fastest internet service.
Speed of your internet connection depends upon your location and plan.
Without knowing your current location,I can't give name of best internet service provider.If you want to get best internet service around your location,try to read some reviews.In my location Comcast provide good internet service.Through some reviews i chose Comcast service.
For me Download speed-20.047mbps Upload speed-6.043mbps I checked my internet speed using http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ What do you think about my internet speed?
Dennis Skelly, , Maryland
Sun Jul 15, 2007
My personal preference is Verizon High-speed DSL. I used to have Comcast Cable and experienced many issues, including excessive down time. Since I have had Verizon DSL, I have not experienced any problem and the difference in speed is almost unnoticeable. Additionally, Verizon is in the process of upgrading their infrastructure to fiber (FIOS) and once that is completed it should blow Comcast, and all other providers, out of the water.
Kelley Eling, Agent, San Anselmo, CA
Sun Jul 15, 2007
Personally, I like my comcast high speed cable. Fast and reliable.
Joshua Jarvis, Agent, Duluth, GA
Fri Jul 6, 2007
In some areas there are cable monopolies so you're stuck with a particular provider or go DSL. Cable speeds are faster in most cases, but for most consumers, any non-dial up connection will do. If you are a power user, then your company should be able to tell you who and what to get.

I have comcast here and there's some quirkiness that I'm not too fond of, but the actual internet connection is pretty good. (I've had DSL and Cable connections)
Web Reference:  http://www.jrjarvis.com
Vicki Masell…, Agent, Duluth, GA
Fri Jul 6, 2007
I, like Roger, have Earthlink DSL. I started with dial-up service service with MindSpring back in the mid-80's and then Earthlink when they bought them out. Switched to Earthlink DSL once available in my area about 4-5 years ago. We have experienced maybe 1 or 2 outtages that I am aware of during that time. Never an issue with bandwidth (up or download) and customer service has been acceptable.
J Lo, Home Buyer, California Glory, Brentwood, CA
Fri Jul 6, 2007
We always find out where the internet service is fed from... This will determine speed of information. We had cable/dsl and now have AT&T regular dsl. I see no difference in the speed and have enjoyed the customer service.
Stan Mikhals…, , 33160
Fri Jul 6, 2007
Totally agree with Rebecca -- for example so praised Earthlink DSL totally sucks in my area. I have a Comcast (AT&T) cable and I am very happy about.
Trulia Roger, Home Buyer, Alameda, CA
Thu Jul 5, 2007
I've had Earthlink DSL for 7 years. Once the service is up and running, it works quite well, with very, very few outages. Earthlink also doesn't appear to monitor usage too closely, unlike some ISPs which throttle your speed if you exceed certain bandwidth usage limits. Getting the service up and running, however, is another, nightmarish story...
Michael Pan…, , 28117
Thu Jul 5, 2007
We have ben using Bellsouth.net for years and are soooo happy