What is the average cost of utilities in a 1500sq/ft home in Tempe? (Using A/C, Electric Appliances, Gas

Asked by Aaron, Los Angeles, CA Thu Jun 5, 2008

Water Heater)..

Answers

4
Carlos Ramir…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Thu Jun 5, 2008
It will depend in a lot of factors, including the age of the home (how energy efficient it is) and your personal settings for A/C, electroincs usage etc.

In May '08 SRP will raise the price of electricity to $9.60/Kwh, still relatively low to S. California which is in average $14.74/Kwh.

For SRP clients living in a 1,000/SF to 1,500/SF home the average energy use (with the new pricing) is $164/Month if you own a pool and $132/Month if you do not own a pool. Again this are just averages and will vary greatly depending on your personal usage.

On my website I have a list of average annual cost of services per city, this includes city property tax, sales tax, sanitation water and sewer. For Tempe it is $1,477.

Hope this helps...

http://smartazrealty.com/realtorcarlos_home/cost_of_living_i…
Roberto Ribas, , Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Jul 23, 2008
I don't think you can quote an average. Does the home get alot of sun? do you keep it cold? do you have a programable thermostate in order to not cool the home so much when nobody is home? Can you put low-E film on the windows???
Jon Griffith, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Jun 16, 2008
I know that in my home, which is 1460sq/ft, my utility bill averages about $180/month year round... why? The air conditioner is 35 years old. This is an important factor. I'm quite surprised that it's still working.
Web Reference:  http://www.jongriffith.com
Steve Belt, , Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Jun 5, 2008
Your best answer for that is to call APS and/or SRP and get that directly from the source. If you give them an address they should quote you the high/low for the past year. However, utility costs are going to vary widely in Tempe from home to home, particularly in the summer months. Does the home have a pool or no? Do you like 82 in your home or 72? Are you home during the day (and thus keep it cool during the day) or are you at work?

You can also call SW Gas for the same thing on the gas usage. If the gas is only for hot water, it probably won't vary much throughout the year.