What is the average HOA monthly fee in Tucson,AZ?

Asked by Patricia, Tucson, AZ Sat Dec 31, 2011

Answers

11
Steffy Hrist…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sun Jan 1, 2012
Hi Patricia,
Happy New 2012 Year!

Averages may not be that helpful - each community has different needs and coverages.

If you have a particular community in mind, I may be able to provide you with information what is included in the HOA fees, and how it compares to similar coverages in the area.

Steffy
Web Reference:  http://www.talktosteffy.com
5rjwills29, Home Buyer, Tucson, AZ
Fri Jan 20, 2017
Cross streets are Valencia and Headley in Tucson Arizona what is the current HOA fees how would I find out
Eddie Holmes, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Tue Jun 19, 2012
It really depends on the type of property you are looking for, Planned Urban Developments, Condos, Townhomes, they all have different rates. Condos and Townhomes are usually higher because there are amenities such as a community pool, recreation rooms, regular maintenance on roofs, exterior paint and landscaping. Let me know if i can be of further assistance.

520-661-5340
edholmes@live.com
Ed,
I am a resident at an older,(1975) townhome community here in Tucson,(Spanish Meadows). We have a small pool and storage room-thats it. The HOA takes care of landscaping. We do have common areas-Palm trees etc. Our fee is $125.00/mo. this also pays the water bill. Does this sound like an average and/or fair HOA fee?
Also, while I am here- Is it possible to sell your property while you are still there-I think I know the answer.

Joe
essen123@centurylink.net
Flag Sun Mar 19, 2017
Ric Mills, Agent, Oro Valley, AZ
Tue Apr 10, 2012
The really is no average. I have seen them from $10 to 300. It all comes with the area and ammenities that you like. The higher ones have community centers, pools, and park. The lower ones have little or no ammenities. First find the area you like and in your searches you will find the HOA fees that you can live with. Remember the important thing in Real Estate is Location, location, location. Youe buy the best location you can afford.
Fawn Whitford, , Tucson, AZ
Mon Mar 26, 2012
I have seen fees as low as $18 monthly, to $200 monthly. Hiring a REALTOR will be your best source of information. They are your trusted advocate and can research what that fee covers. Some communities charge much higher rates, but utilities and rooves, street maintainence and garbage removal plus pest control might be included.
Most Sincerely, Fawn
Lupita Areva…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Sun Jan 1, 2012
Hi Patricia Happy New Year!!! The HOA it can be $15.00 up to $150.00 or more depends on what the HOA includes, I will recommend you to ask you're REALTOR or find you one, is nice to become Friends with you're REALTOR specially after you buy a House they are always questions that we can try to answer the best we can, to help you all, in this great investment that is buying a House!!!!!

Lupita
David Hopper,…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Sun Jan 1, 2012
Happy New Year, Patricia,
HOA Fees in the Tucson area vary widely. It usually depends on whether the community is gated (in which case the HOA pays to maintain the roads, as well as the gate and/or a guard), or has a lot of common areas and amenities. The HOA fees are part of a mls listing. During the inspection period, be sure that you understand what the HOA pays for, whether the HOA is solvent, and whether there are any anticipated assessments.
Good luck, and please contact me if I can help in any way.
Carrie Strom, , Tucson, AZ
Sun Jan 1, 2012
I see that you are a home owner in Tucson, Patricia. I see the answers that other agents have given you and they are right. My concern as a homeowner in Tucson, are you asking this because you are in an HOA , who is looking to raise the fee in 2012 and you want to know what fees are out there so you can evaluate if the change in your fee is " average" or " above the mark" or are you a homeowner who is looking to move into a community that has HOA fees and you have never had these fees on your present home? In either case,
an agent can help you give you comps on " HOA's" you are considering as possible new areas to live or
can also give you fees of other HOA's who have similar amenities that you have in your present community so you can see if you are being charged " average". If you need assists you can go to the web site.
Spirit Messi…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Sun Jan 1, 2012
There is no average, I have seen $25 - $700 per month. Every HOA is different, if you find a house you are interested in or a community your agent can & should find out before hand. Are you pre-approved? If not, that should be step #1, then talk with a buyers agent, Realtor.
Best of luck.
Spirit
"Tucson Dawn"…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Sun Jan 1, 2012
Hi Patricia,

There's no singe answer to your question. Some older communities and rural areas have no HOA fees. If you are looking at "regular" subdivisions, I usually see HOA's from 25-50 dollars per month. These are communities with little or no amenities. Sometimes these subdivisions are in larger PUDs (Planned Unit Developments), and then there is a second HOA fee for that as well. Then you can be looking at communities with lots of amenities, clubhouses, pools, restaurants etc., and those fees can be much larger, $100+ per month. Then there are the country clubs...huge fees!

If you are looking to purchase a new home, make sure your agent double checks the stated HOA fees on any home that you're interested in. I've seen many mistakes on listings, even the best agents can be unaware that the fees/dues have gone up or can miss the PUD fees. And if you get really serious about a home, check to see if there are legal charges or pending litigation that involves the HOA. It might not be a deal breaker, but definitely something you want to know about!
Bill Jones, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Sun Jan 1, 2012
Hi Patricia,

There is no average. It depends upon what is covered and that varies dramatically. Each association may cover different things, have different amenities, etc.

Happy New Year.

Bill Jones