What is current replacement cost for apartment buildings in the greater Los Angeles area?

Asked by Decision, Santa Monica, CA Sun Jan 22, 2012

Answers

3
Ron Escobar - Local Expert’s answer
Ron Escobar -…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sun Jan 22, 2012
That is a very general question and difficult to answer... what do you mean by replacement cost? How much does it cost to build an apartment building? It depends on the geography and the city and zoning laws... a ball park figure is $150 to $350 per square foot for building from the ground up... again, it depends on may things... maybe you can refine your question and I could offer a better answer...

Ron Escobar, MBA
Broker & General Contractor
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Sun Jan 29, 2012
Dear Decision..
a big "Depends"..what type of building would it be? How many units, what architectural style? What location?Amenities? Size?
Lee Fruchter, Agent, Glendale, CA
Sun Jan 22, 2012
It is a difficult question to answer because their are a lot of factors to consider. Market rents, land value, rent control, zoning, vacancy rate, and area demand. For instance, the current replacement cost would be higher in Beverly Hills than North Hollywood. I hope this helps.

Lee
Web Reference:  http://www.homesbylee.com