General Area in 55044>Question Details

David Nelson,  in Lakeville, MN

What do you like about living in Lakeville, MN? What don't you like (if anything) about Lakeville?

Asked by David Nelson, Lakeville, MN Sat Jan 22, 2011

Answers

7
Audrey Cole’s answer
Our family moved to Lakeville, MN December 2006 from PA! We chose Lakeville because we knew it was going to be a growing area in the future. It's close to the airport and MOA. There are several amenities near by. Lakeville Schools are very good! Our children attend LNHS. It's not congested like many areas that are fully developed south of the cities.

A few of the things that have been a downside really are due to our economy situation. Growth has slowed down I believe due to the economic situation nationwide and statewide. Our schools are facing serious cutbacks due to lack of funds as well.

All in all, we enjoy Lakeville and look forward to its growth in the future!

David, please let me know if I can be of assistance to you in the future! I would love to sit down with you and discuss your real estate needs.
I live at on 171st street west in Lakeville. I don't recommend it unless you're interested in the following:

Beautiful homes. Beautiful parks. Safe neighborhoods. 10 mins to major shopping areas in Burnsville, Lakeville and Apple Valley. Skiing at BuckHill. Lakes and beaches. Tons of walking paths. Awesome school district. Nice people like me ;-)
wow , have to ck it out , thankyou Steve
Flag Wed Aug 26, 2015
I love living in Lakeville for the people. The people make the community. We have great schools, parks, churches, youth groups and more. My family is involved in LNHS Soccer, LNHS Alpine Ski team, Civil Air Patrol, Boy Scouts, All Saints, Venture Crew, FIRST Tech Challenge, North's Rocketry Club, Girl's Who Code, LNHS Marching Band, Beyond the Yellow Ribbon, VFW, American Legion, and Ski Patrol at Buck Hill.

I particularly like the blend of the old and the new. Lady's night in Downtown Lakeville, Pan-o-prog, and open mic. night at Babe's is a lot of fun. Also the proximity to the large shopping areas make for a very easy life.

There is something for every one.
lakeville is a nice community-schools are good close to everything nothing bad about it.

http://www.mnlakeplace.com/contract-for-deed
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 20, 2013
Lakeville is a destination city, in the southern suburbs of Minneapolis and St. Paul. The ease of access to major highways and interstates is a major plus. The ISD 194 (Lakeville) school district is one of the best in the state of MN. Test scores, from elementary school thru high school continue to outpace many other schools. There are highly competitive high school sports teams and academic activities in Lakeville. There is also a very strong club sports programs in Lakeville (soccer, football, hockey, softball, baseball, volleyball, basketball, etc) The city continues to develop its roads and amenities to allow for future growth.

Lakeville is one of the best places to live in MN.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 13, 2013
I've built my business and chose to raise my family in Lakeville for several reasons. Ten minutes in either direction is a huge difference! If you live in any metro suburb conveniences is a given but the fact that Lakeville has easy access to 35W, HWY 77, & 35E puts us in a great spot for people commuting to Minneapolis/St.Paul. My family is active and Lakeville offers easy access to several parks with hiking/mountain bike trails, we have a great recreational lake with a beach, not to mention the largest Lifetime Fitness around. Schools, among the very best test scores in the state which you can confirm on http://www.GreatSchools.com.

Con....I don't have many. I do wish there were more restaurants in Lakeville. Sure, we have a good handful of them and also have easy access to Apple Valley and Burnsville restaurants but would like to see more here. Over all, it's the best community in the metro area, hands down!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
My family lives on the Lakeville/ Apple Valley border. I love the value you get for homes, the school districts, the proximity to shopping, entertainment, and parks! I also love Lakeville's community and how safe it is. I cannot think of anything that I do not like about Lakeville.