What areas are best to live in San Jose? I need help!

Asked by Natalia Marcantonio, Connecticut Thu Aug 1, 2013

I'm moving from Connecticut, and wanting to relocate to San Jose. I'm looking for an area that has great entertainment and a good area to meet new people. I'm looking to find a waitressing job at a fine dining restaurant, so I'd like to be in or close to an area with great restaurants. I'm 26 and living on a budget, and as I search for apartments or rooms for rent, I become confused as to which areas are best and what the general areas are like. Any advice would be extremely helpful, thank you!

Answers

4
Juliana Lee…, Agent, Palo Alto, CA
Sun Aug 18, 2013
Oh Natalia don't just look at San Jose. There are many smaller nearby cities with either neighborhood centers or small downtowns which people love to visit.

Just a few:
- Willow Glen neighborhood in San Jose
- Downtown San Jose
- Downtown Saratoga
- Downtown Mountain View
- Downtown Palo Alto
- Downtown Menlo Park

The choices are so many I can't even suggest how to start your search. One advantage you will have is that with a waitressing job you probably you won't be commuting during the commute rush. Congestion from the south end of San Jose north during the morning can be very heavy.

San Jose home values at http://julianalee.com/san-jose/san-jose-statistics.htm

Juliana Lee
Top 2 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty, the nations largest
Cell 650.857.1000

Over 20 years experience
Over 1,000 homes sold in Santa Clara County and San Mateo County
.
Web Reference:  http://julianalee.com
Thank you Juliana! I've been thinking that I should start looking at other near by cities as well, and this is very helpful. I will definitely start looking in those areas, thanks!
Flag Tue Aug 20, 2013
Shah.p21, Home Buyer,
Thu Aug 8, 2013
I am moving from New Jersey. I want to start my own small scale business . I am right now in retail business like convineance store, like own business like 711. Which is a good area to leave and have my business in nearby neighborhood which can give me return of my time and investment.
Julie Priest…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Thu Aug 1, 2013
Hi, welcome in advance to the Santa Clara Valley!
There are many different communities here, so it will be a little confusing at first.
A good place to start in deciding which communities to look at is for us, as Realtors, to find out a few things about why you are moving out here. Are you coming to be closer to family, friends or just a complete change of venue, starting from scratch. Will you be going to school? And, do you have a professional connection to a Chef or Restaurant from your community that has a connection with one out here? Sometimes Chef's and Restaurants have multiple locations which you transfer to. We have some East Coast Chef's that have signature restaurants out here as well.
If you want more information on our area please email me or give me a call, let me know your time frame for your move as well.
Julie Priest Keil
Ventura Barnett Properties
Better Homes & Gardens Realty
Almaden/Campbell/Los Gatos
San Jose
1408 529 1482 cell
1408 997 9999 office
1408 997 1111 fax
Hi Natalia,
Please email me at jpkeilrealtor@gmail.com, I will reply with more information for you. In addition to being a REALTOR I am a long experienced Cosmetologist/Salon Owner. I did make-up as well, studied with the Westmore Academy....anyway.... There are a few aspects about your move to CA that I can help you with.
Talk to you soon!
Julie Priest Keil
1408 529 1482 cell
Flag Mon Aug 19, 2013
Thank you so much! I'm actually moving out there to pursue makeup. I'm a makeup artist in CT, and I know there is more opportunity out in California. I currently work at a fine dining restaurant in CT, and I've been told that the San Jose area has a lot of higher end restaurants. My manager says he has contacts in San Fran in the restaurant business, but I'm not too sure about the San Jose area. So basically I will be starting from scratch! I plan to be moving in October :)
Flag Thu Aug 1, 2013
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Thu Aug 1, 2013
Based on your desire to be near restaurants and areas to meet new people I recommend the following:

Downtown San Jose. Very active, has restaurants, high rise condos and rents may be more affordable.

Willow Glen. Has a walking downtown, lots of mature trees, festivals, restaurants and shopping. Rentals may be hard to find.

Campbell: Similar to Willow Glen.

Campbell: Santana Row very high end shopping, restaurant, and people watching. Rentals outside of the Row may be hard to find, but you may find more affordable.

Check out those areas, good luck.
Web Reference:  http://www.TerriVellios.com