What are the key selling points for the Town of Longmeadow, MA?

Asked by Solidad Harp, 01106 Fri Jun 1, 2007

Answers

9
., , L' Anse, MI
Sat Jun 2, 2007
When you ask this question, are you referring to selling your property there or moving there? I am a REALTOR in Georgetown, KY but grew up in East Longmeadow. What I recall of the community is that many of the areas were more affluent than other towns near Springfield. The lots were larger than most on a general basis. The commute to Downtown Springfield was an easy one. I see that your zip is 01106, are you living in Spfld now? Can you be more specific in your question?
The Graveline…, Agent, Longmeadow, MA
Fri Jan 30, 2015
Longmeadow has always had a high focus on education. Our decision to raise our children here was based very much on quality of education. The town also has limited commercial property and development, something we enjoy and there are 2 country clubs in town with excellent golf courses. Close proximity to Springfield and ease of access to Interstate 91 also offers convenience for those who commute. Taxes are high, but we love living and working in Longmeadow! If you're looking to buy or sell in Longmeadow you can feel free to contact us and we will be glad to assist you!
Lesly Reiter, Agent, Longmeadow, MA
Fri Sep 7, 2012
Longmeadow was recently voted as one of the top ten towns in the country to raise a family. That speaks volumes! people are friendly, it is easy to navigate on foot, bike or in a car! The location is great as it is off the interstate 91, close to Boston, NYC and Hartford CT. Ocean and mountains are within 2 hours drive. Lots of culture available if you want to take advantange of this area.
Judy Cohen, , 01106
Wed Apr 20, 2011
Hi, I am a resident of Longmeadow and have lived here most of my life. The town is absolutely beautiful! It has a great location - between Boston and New York. Actually, it is located right on the Connecticut border. My children all went through the Longmeadow schools and were accepted into super colleges. Yes, the education in Longmeadow is excellent. In addition, two great hospitals are just minutes away. Longmeadow is truly a residential community with a beautiful park, tennis courts, swimming pools, markets, pharmacies, shopping areas, doctors....and I could go on and on. The homes are lovely and well maintained. Longmeadow is truly a great place to raise children, to hang out, to relax, and to just be. I am a realtor located in Longmeadow and look forward to helping you if you have any questions or concerns.
Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Tue Sep 28, 2010
My husband grew up in Longmeadow and his parents still live there. Honestly, the schools and property taxes. We looked in Longmeadow, but we bought in Wilbraham. The housing prices are so much more and you get so less. It depends on the house.
Judy Bell, Agent, Longmeadow, MA
Thu Sep 23, 2010
Location, location! Longmeadow is 10 minutes from the hospital, 15-20 from Bradley airport, has easy highway access and top public schools.

I am a native of town, have lived in other places and find it a top notch spot to bring up a family.

Feel free to contact me with any other questions.

Judy Bell
Web Reference:  http://ringjudybell.com
Laura Stevens, Agent, East Longmeadow, MA
Wed Aug 25, 2010
Hi Solidad, If I were to sum up the key selling points of Longmeadow, my answer would have to include Great school system, low crime, quiet and beautiful community and conveniently located with easy access to highways, Bradley International airport and the cities of Springfield and Hartford.

That answer does not capture the essence of the town, those are just facts. Picture a Norman Rockwell painting of a town square and you begin to get a picture of the Longmeadow Town Green. Think of an old world neighborhood and you can envision the Longmeadow neighborhood of Colony Hills.

This is a diverse town that blends both old world, turn of the century architecture with quaint New England Colonials and Modern designs. The social makeup of the town is also diverse with all ranges of the working classes represented.

One drive thru the town will paint a picture of family, of community and of security. It is easy to get people excited about living in Longmeadow because it is consistently the neighborhood of choice for buyers looking in the price ranges that Longmeadow embodies.
Elizabeth He…, Agent, Agawam, MA
Mon Jul 13, 2009
I am a resident Realtor of Longmeadow, and what my husband and I find nice about the town is that it is on the MA/CT border so it is close to a couple of international airports (Bradley in Hartford, CT and Logan in Boston, MA) so if you travel a lot, it's very convenient and offers more than one option. Also, the proximity to metro regions as well as more rural settings is nice as well. Longmeadow is part of the Pioneer Valley, and there is a lot of history here in the Pioneer Valley so if you're interested in bygone times, you don't have to go far.
john allaire, Agent, easton, MA
Wed Jun 27, 2007
hello. Longmeadow has a convenient location in Massachusetts including proximity to highways which can take you to Vermont, New Hampshire, New York and of course, the Berkshires in Massachusetts. It is also convenient to some major colleges including Amherst College, American International College, University of Massachusetts at Amherst and others. The Berkshires is a great location to be near as there are quite a few cultural events held there including the Shakespearean Theater and Tanglewood. Good luck with your real estate endeavors! My best, John Allaire