What are the drawbacks of living in Civic Center?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Tue Oct 25, 2011

What are the cons of living here?

Answers

3
Franzduff, Home Buyer, San Francisco, CA
Sat Sep 8, 2012
I have been living at McAllister and Van Ness for three years. 1st drawback - No parking. There is ample public transportation but I prefer my own car and had to give it up.
2ND Lots of homeless. You have to have a heart of stone not to be moved by seeing human beings sleeping exposed to the weather.
3rd It is BUSY year round. If there is any event chances are they begin or end at the Civic Center.
4TH No grocery shopping within walking distance.
Hello. Are you still living in this area? Your last review was dated 9/2012
Flag Sun May 17, 2015
Pcm, Home Owner, San Francisco, CA
Sat Dec 24, 2011
I own in the Opera Plaza complex. It's a great place to live, safe, clean, have not had any problems. Yes, there is a usual side of living in an urban setting (homeless, noise, etc), if you are interested in living in a suburb with strip malls this is not the place for you. If you are interested in living close to opera, symphony, ballet, city hall, library, restaurants, public transportation and affordable living with pool, gym, sauna, spa, door man, and great views of the city, then this would be the place.
Niya Yang, Renter, San Francisco, CA
Wed Nov 30, 2011
This intersection is rife with homeless people, drug dealers, and human feces. Not all of the homeless people are dangerous, but many of them seem aggressive and will get in your face, especially if you're a young woman walking by yourself.