What are the best subdivisions to consider when looking at homes in the Athens. GA area for a young family

Asked by Wonderingaboutuga, 30607 Mon Jun 29, 2009

(Kids are 9 and 6)?

Answers

4
Hank Bailey, Agent, Buford, GA
Tue Aug 4, 2009
Would encourage you to look in Oconee County. Then it would depend on your price range.
Lynn Harder, Agent, Athens, GA
Tue Jul 28, 2009
Several factors such as price point and the ammenities that are important to you and your family would help to make this decision. Did you know that Athens was recently ranked 5th in Kiplinger Magazine's "2009 Best Cities" list? Many young families choose neighborhoods in East Athens because of their close proximity to UGA and great parks for families. If you prefer established neighborhoods with wide streets and established landscaping then Cedar Creek would be a perfect match for you. Families tend to locate here to raise their families and often never leave. If you prefer newer construction there are several areas to consider such as Falling Shoals with craftsman style homes with over half acre lots. I hope this gives you some direction and feel free to contact me further for any assisitance!
Wayne C Melt…, Agent, Athens, GA
Mon Jun 29, 2009
The ones with the best values located in the areas most convenient to your job, your places of shopping, recreation, worship, with the best rated schools and history of greatest appreciation in the price range that you are interest in investing for your family to own a part of the American dream. With low rate financing, tax credits and competitive pricing, the current market offers some of the greatest values ever for all buyers. A good buyer interview with me helps me make immediate recommendations to solve this problem.
Web Reference:  http://impactrealty.com
Kevin Darby, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Mon Jun 29, 2009
Hello Wonderingaboutuga!

Wow, what a good question. Clarke County is the smallest county in Georgia, so actually many people also live in the surrounding counties. But in Clarke county, for families I would suggest Carrington Plantation on the East Side. It is a large development with many families and currently a number of fine homes available. There are certainly many other neighborhoods as well, just depends on how close you need to be to UGA. I highly suggest, however, that you interview 2 or 3 Realtors who will represent you to find just the right home. It is always best to have a qualified professional working for you and advising you on, typically, the largest financial decision you will make - purchasing a home.

By the way, I would appreciate your consideration for one of the interviews... :)

Kevin Darby
ERA Sunrise Realty
706-621-3853