James.k.cich…, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

What are people's thoughts on 95828 for an investment property (mult-family)?

Asked by James.k.cichello, Sacramento, CA Sun Apr 21, 2013

I'm considering purchasing a 2-4 unit investment property in 95828. How do people generally describe this area (i.e. families, blue-collar, middle class, lower class, safe, unsafe, etc). Would you let your friends or family live here?

Any thoughts on the rental demand around here for a decently kept multi-family property and general market outlook? Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Answers

5
Terry Maroney, Home Buyer, Sacramento, CA
Fri Sep 20, 2013
in sacramento you can drive 2 miles in any direction and find the best and worst of what you are looking for.here we are closer to cows than people
Fri Sep 20, 2013
quit a few 2 and 4 plex ,some thing you may consider is a strip mall like a 4 to 8 unit each about 1500sqf more income better clients better increase in value and some what less than 2 or three houses.
Michele Pete…, Agent, Rocklin, CA
Tue Jul 23, 2013
James,
Hello there are many opportunities for rental/investment property in 95828.

Your answer will always be in the bottom line.
* How long you are expecting to hold the property
* Rent Rates
* Cost to purchase
* Cost to rehab
* Cost to rent
* Cost to maintain

Among other items. Once you have identified a specific property...The answer will be much more evident as rent rates can change from one side of the street to the next in any given area.

Good luck to you!
Peter Chu, , Sacramento County, CA
Fri May 3, 2013
Hi James!

The zip code 95828 has all those types of people living there. The area is vast and has unique neighborhoods. I would say it a B to C class neighborhood. Yes I would let my friends and family stay there. I have had family who owner occupy there and friends who rent in the area.

I would say the rental demand in the area is strong, can be excellent based on the type of property you own. General market outlook is positive in my opinion next couple of years.

I love to hear from you James, we can discuss your investing goals and interest and see if I may be of help. Thank You Much!
916-287-1628
Keisha Mathe…, Agent, Elk Grove, CA
Mon Apr 22, 2013
Hello James

As a real estate professional, we are prohibited by law to "steer" individuals toward or away from one neighborhood versus another. If you enlist the services of a real estate professional, that person can discuss with you, at great length, your purchase goals and then walk you through the process.

This would include them sharing with you valuable insight and factual area/neighborhood knowledge (rent to homeowner ratios, school ratings, future buildout, business development, rental demand, etc), whch would assist in educating you and equipping you to make the best purchase decision to met your needs.

Keisha Mathews, REALTOR®
CDPE®, HRC®, HAFA® Certified
"SAR Masters Club Member 2012"
Mathews & Co. Realty Group
@ Century 21 Landmark Network
keisha.mathews@century21.com
http://www.SheSoldItForMe.com
(916) 370-1803 cell
lic#: 01439130