Susan Petrin…, Other/Just Looking in Eden, NY

We may be moving to Fort Wayne, how close are the nearest airports..Fort Wayne, Indy, Mich.(Detroit) to FW

Asked by Susan Petrinec, Eden, NY Wed Mar 11, 2009

Answers

4
Wendy Bellamy, Agent, Fort Wayne, IN
Wed Mar 11, 2009
The Fort Wayne Airport is the most convenient, however connections can be tricky. We find that Indianapolis is often more cost efficient, with a wider choice of flights. From the southwest side of Fort Wayne, it is about a 2 hour drive, almost all interstate.
Jody Jones, Agent, Elkhart, IN
Wed Mar 11, 2009
You will love Fort Wayne! I lived on the SW side of town for 5 yrs, its a great spot. Close to the interstate, shopping, family friendly, lots of parks, tons of restaurants and very affordable as well.

I have moved now, but I still miss it. It has bigger city conveniences but still relatively small town atmosphere.
A good place to research the area is on City Data. You can find tons of information there as well as get feedback from folks who live there already. http://www.city-data.com/forum/indiana/
Welcome to Hoosierland!
Michael Host…, Agent, Fort Wayne, IN
Mon Jul 25, 2011
Hi Susan... Following are airports I have flown out of the past couple years when not using the Fort Wayne Airport:

Detroit: 165 miles: 2hrs 40 min drive
Indy: 140 miles: 2hrs 30 min drive
South Bend: 95 miles: 1hr 45 min drive
Toledo: 100 miles: 1hr 40 min drive
Dayton: 125 miles: 2hr 30 min drive

We'll stay in touch.

Heather Deme…, Agent, Fort Wayne, IN
Wed Mar 11, 2009
Hi Susan!
Another option would be the Toledo (Ohio) airport which about 2 hours Northeast of Fort Wayne.

Should you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me anytime by phone (260) 413-3789 or email heather@lotandblockrealty.com, and I would be happy to provide you with additional information about the area!

Heather Demerly, Broker/Owner/Realtor
Lot & Block Realty LLC