We are thinking to buy a condo in the PORTOFINO subdivision in Laughlin nv and we really don't know if is a

Asked by Armando, Los Angeles, CA Tue Mar 25, 2008

family place to live,we live here in Los Angeles Ca and we want that for familly vacation.What do you think? WE DON'T KNOW THE AREA any advise will be more than welcome

Answers

6
dbor1551ak’s answer
dbor1551ak, , Laughlin, NV
Tue Feb 12, 2013
The two biggest problems for us were buying our unit for an inflated price 5 years ago, and being "upsidedown" on the mortgage, which now shouldn't be a problem, and due to Nevada laws, the assoc. is unable to keep the jacussies open during the colder winter months without also maintaining the pools. Other than that, it's well run, clean, and affordable!! It provides a very nice break from Alaska!
Sassyshellyb…, Home Buyer, Laughlin, NV
Sun Jun 4, 2017
Portofino is a HORRIBLE place if you have children or intend to have children visit. They are very rude and accommodating to families. The HOA lady Bobbie strives to try and make it a 55 plus community and will not let children play outside and has ridiculous rules for kids at the pool. Like inside voices during the day and before 8pm.....i'm sorry it is a community pool and kids are going to play. Also she does not like renters, so if you are a owner and rent your property she will do all she can to treat your tenant like crap. BE AWARE if you intend to move here with kids or rent your condo to a family.
David Schafer, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Tue Jul 8, 2014
We own 2 condos in the Portofino subdivision and although we don't know the area all that well, the few times we've been out there have been fun. If you like the river you will enjoy it. We aren't big gamblers, but there are some casinos there and they offer some good deals on meals, shows, etc. Hope this helps.
Sunny, Home Buyer, South Lake Tahoe, CA
Mon May 10, 2010
We recently became "snowbirds" (from Lake Tahoe) and moved to our recently bought condo in Portofino and was quite surprised as to how quiet it is. The entire complex (grounds) are very clean. I disagree with the person(s) who thought the HOA was a "joke". We have attended 2 HOA meetings so far to our gratification. The board is very positive in keeping the complex to high standards. I wonder why the person thought the HOA was a joke--we nor others do not share that thought!
we own 2 investment properties in the complex and although we haven't had to deal with them (HOA) too often, we have never had a problem with the HOA at Portofino. If nothing else, it is well maintained.
Flag Tue Jul 8, 2014
Laura, Home Buyer, California
Mon Mar 9, 2009
I DO own there and it was the biggest waste of money. The HOA is a joke.
Armando, Home Buyer, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Apr 25, 2008
thank you very much for answering my question,we made an offer in Laughing in the South Bay,like you said before we went and we think is a very nice place.I have a friend and she told me the same thing you did avoid portofino,to try Sout Bay and we liked it.What do you think?.We saw Portofino and we didn't like at all
I'm Adelina Fernandez Armando's wife once again thank you for the information