We are thinking of building retirement home in Fernandina Bch, Fl. How's the area?

Asked by Debi, Orlando, FL Tue Jun 24, 2008

Answers

8
William Fred…, Other Pro, Yulee, FL
Thu Feb 10, 2011
Hi Debi,

Hope you're one of our neighbors by now! We think Fernandina Beach and the Amelia Island area is the nation's best kept secret. The people are the friendliest folks I've ever met, it's quiet, and we have a unique and fun culture - where else can you go where you run into pirate embassadors on a regular basis? We love it. Cheers!

William Frederico
Online Services for Real Estate Professionals
http://HotOffTheMLS.com
Shonda Campa…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Tue Jun 24, 2008
Fernandina Beach is a wonderful place to visit or live. It's beautiful! I live in Jacksonville, which isn't too far away. I love going to Fernandina. I grew up in Georgia and as a child my family would go there every summer and stay for a few weeks. We always had a good time and now that I am older I take my little girl there every summer. We have so much fun. It's one of my favorite places to visit. It's so peaceful and relaxing. It's definitely a wonderful place to retire.

Shonda Sauls,REALTOR®
Prudential Network Realty
(904)260-4300 #625
Shonda.Sauls@PrudentialNetworkRealty.com
http://www.prudentialnetworkrealty.com/agent.aspx?id=34733
Don, , Amelia Island, FL
Tue May 5, 2009
We having been coming to FB since 2000. We are now full time as of May 1st. We just love it here. I have lived in South Florida and Central Florida. This is the best!! Friendly, not crowded but with many things we desire here and near by in Jax.
Dale, Home Seller, Yulee, FL
Mon Jun 30, 2008
Please check homesandland.com look at MLS 46277. This home would make and excellent retirement home. It is priced well below purchased price . For more information call 904-261-4159.
Fred Fender, , Fernandina Beach, FL
Sat Jun 28, 2008
The area is going to be different than what you are used to around Orlando. It's much more laid back in the Fernandina Beach area. You didn't mention what type of location you would like for a retirement home.
There are nice lots available in golfing communities just off the island, as well as communities that give you on site yacht clubs and boat dockage, etc. There are also areas that you can build on that have acreage, no restrictions, etc. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Fred Fender
RE/MAX Professional Group
Fernandina Beach/Yulee, FL
ameliaislandrealtor@gmail.com
904-225-1099 Office 904-321-0863 Direct
Mike Schwieb…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Wed Jun 25, 2008
Hi Debi,

Fernandina Beach and the Amelia Island area are absolutely wonderful. The people are very friendly and there are a lot of great activities that take place in the area. I have a great builder that I work with on a regular basis and he is building a large home in Fernandina now. If you are looking for a good quality home I would love to put you in touch with him. His quality far surpasses many of the builders in the area, and his prices are unbelievably low. If you would like to come up and check out the area I would love to show you around and show you some of the highlights of the area. Please let me know if I can ever help you in any way. Have a great day!

Mike Schwiebert REALTOR
Watson Realty Corp.
mike@MrOakleaf.com
904-562-9345
Web Reference:  http://www.MrOakleaf.com
David L Hagel, , 32034
Tue Jun 24, 2008
Amelia Island / Fernandina is a not only a great place to visit but to live as well. I moved here sometime ago from Ponte Vedra and now would live no where else. From the Historic town of Fernandina, with its quant shops and resturants, to the docks where you can buy fesh sea food right off the boats. Miles of white sandy beachs, fresh water or deep sea fishing, golf,kiaking and tennis abound. Check out my we site for the lasted in housing values, communities and builders in the area. hadamikrealty.com
Dave Hagel
Hadamik Realty
1415 A Sadler Road
Fernandina Beach Fl, 32034
904-430-0181
Web Reference:  http://www.hadamikrealty.com
Brandi Holle…, Agent, Fernandina Beach, FL
Tue Jun 24, 2008
Hi Debi - I am a Fernandina Beach resident and just love this area and cannot say enough wonderful things about the area and residents. I would be glad to e-mail or mail you some additional information about the area if you would be interested.

Brandi Hollerich, Realtor®
Watson Realty Corp.
(904) 382-5256
Brandi@WatsonRealtycorp.com