We are relocating to North Carlonia with our 2 young children. Where are the best places to live within 30 min of kinston, nc?

Asked by Taren Kentzler, Greenville, NC Sun Apr 8, 2012

Answers

12
Nancy Stalli…, , New Bern, NC
Mon Apr 9, 2012
For 20 years I worked in Kinston and lived in New Bern. New Bern is located at the convergence of two beautiful rivers and is a vibrant community to live and play in. We have great public and private schools for your children (look at the education ratings for New Bern - they are A+). I live in an area called Olde Towne which is located on the Trent River. It is 2 miles from US 70 and then a straight shot to Kinston. Let me help you find the perfect home. Nancy Stallings
Aurora Delat…, , New Bern, NC
Mon Apr 9, 2012
I would choose specifically River Bend. It is a very friendly community and very close to the new bypass to reach Highway 70...Let me know if I can help.
Christina Ab…, Agent, New Bern, NC
Mon Apr 9, 2012
New Bern of course. Great neighborhoods, schools and more.
Lee Ann Ford…, Agent, New Bern, NC
Sun Apr 8, 2012
what ages are your children? What's important to you about the neighborhood you live in? And what's important about the house?
our twins are 2
Flag Mon Apr 9, 2012
Patricia Rich, Agent, New Bern, NC
Sun Apr 8, 2012
I suggest that you check out New Bern. I have lived in New Bern for 15 years and love it here. I think you will find the school system better than the surrounding areas, and we also have christian and other private school if that is your choice. The history here is wonderful and the people friendly. Hope this helps.

Pat Rich, Broker/Realtor Neuse Realty 252-671-2492
Deborah Tagg…, Agent, New Bern, NC
Sun Apr 8, 2012
My husband and I were just passing through New Bern a few years ago and spontaneously decided to move here. I often wish that my children could have grown up here. It's a quaint, historical town that embraces newcomers to the area. The beach is only 35 miles away, but there's so much to do on the water right here! New Bern is at the confluence of 2 rivers--the Trent and the Neuse, with water skiing, sailing, kayaking, and paddle boarding. While we have good public schools, many families here also look for alternatives and Parrott Academy in Kinston has been a popular choice for many years. However, The Epiphany School here in New Bern continues to amaze and astound. This relatively new school is very involved in the community, has a rigorous academic program and, from my understanding, is adding grades each year. (The school began as a high school and is working its way down to elementary school.) Whether you like the feel of a gated community, the historic district, a waterfront community or a rural home, you will find it all in this area. The advantage of New Bern is also the numerous activities for children. Our NC History Center and Tryon Palace always offer something new. Our thriving community theatres have great workshops and programs for young people. And, of course, there's always Camp Seagull and Camp Seafarer just down the road for a fantastic summer camp experience. Regardless of where you are moving FROM you are moving TO a place you can truly call home. Hope this helps!
Lee Ann Ford…, Agent, New Bern, NC
Sun Apr 8, 2012
New Bern, New Bern or New Bern!
Thanks, we have never been there but just from what we have heard and seen via google makes us want to live there! any particular websites ect to find a rental house? we will be visitng new bern either this weekend or next and will have 1 day to find our new home! Thank you again!

Taren K.
Flag Sun Apr 8, 2012
Patricia Rich, Agent, New Bern, NC
Wed Aug 8, 2012
I work in the New Bern, Craven County area. We are about 30 miles from Kinston straight down Highway 70. I can help you fnd a home in our area. Give me a call 252-671-2492.
Pat Rich
Broker/Realtor
Neuse Realty
Karla, Home Seller, Pitt County, NC
Wed Jul 18, 2012
I am less than 30 miles from kinston. Check out our home. 5360 cal jones rd. The Address belongs to vanceboro but we are 11 miles from there. We are in Pitt County.
Christina Ab…, Agent, New Bern, NC
Tue Jul 17, 2012
I would be happy to show you what the New Bern area has to offer. Please go to http://www.ncpropertiesonline.com or call me at 252259-2051.
Stephen, Renter, New Bern, NC
Mon Jul 16, 2012
I HAVE LIVED IN NEW BERN FOR YEARS AND I LOVE IT.
Stephen, Renter, New Bern, NC
Mon Jul 16, 2012
STAY AWAY FROM KINSTON WHAT EVER YOU DO, TRUST ME. I LIVED THERE FOR YEARS. I HATED IT. THERE WASN'T ANYTHING THERE WHEN I LIVED THERE, AND THERE STILL ISN'T.