We are relocating to Houston- my husband will be based in Westside. I have two girls. Looking for an area suitable for teenagers and with good schools

Asked by jaqkelly, Houston, TX Sat Aug 10, 2013

Answers

11
Cheri Crane, Agent,
Sat Aug 24, 2013
Welcome!

We have a 2 bedroom 2.5 bath townhouse for rent in the Memorial/Energy Corridor. Very convenient to I-10 & Beltway 8. Gated Community & good schools in Spring Branch ISD. Check us out at http://rtd4.com/114498 and let us know if you are interested.

Thank you
Cheri
713 828 3583
Jonathan Cur…, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Fri Aug 23, 2013
I used a realtor named Tommy Smith when I moved here. Email me if you what his phone number. jmwcurrey@gmail.com
Persis Behra…, Agent, Cinco Ranch, TX
Mon Aug 12, 2013

Welcome to Houston soon. When will you be moving? Are you initially thinking of renting before you purchase? There are some lovely neighborhoods in West Houston and depending on some of your preferences you will be able to choose something suitable for your family.

Depending on your budget and your husband's work location, I can suggest a few areas, if you would like to find out some more information.

The best way to reach me is at the contact information below

Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747
Arnold Richie, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Aug 11, 2013
Good morning! Where are you moving from? We love to have newcomers in Houston.

You are fortunate that your husband's work will be on the West side. That is one of the fastest growing areas and offers an abundance of great family neighborhoods with very highly rated schools. Really need to narrow in on what you are interested in and the price range as there are homes from under $100k to the millions. You can get a lot for your money in this area.

The biggest "mover" on the west side is the Grand Parkway (Hwy 99) that is under construction to be a new loop around Houston. It already connects and will eventually connect to most of the major freeways. Beautiful new subdivisions are popping up along this corridor. Depending on how far west you want to go, Pecan Grove is a fabulous family subdivision. PLEASE select a Realtor (preferably one from this forum) :-) and allow them to help you. It most likely will cost you nothing to have a Realtor as a Buyer's Agent and will make your search and the ultimate transaction so much more pleasant. I used to build homes in Nottingham Country and I am a native Houstonian. I know the city well and would love to help. If you have not already found a good mortgage company, I can help with that also as I am a licensed mortgage originator as well as a Realtor. I hope to hear from you.

Arnold Richie, Realtor®
Terry Burnaman Realtors
arnold@yournexthomehouston.com
http://www.yournexthomehouston.com
713-396-2017 281-788-8962
Courtney McL…, , Houston Heights, TX
Sun Aug 11, 2013
West Houston has some areas that are quite nice. I moved here with my family in 1988 and we ended up settling in an area called upper Memorial (making Exxon super close). The zip for the area is 77079. I was a teenager at the time and started at Houston Community College, about fifteen minutes from where we lived (the street is called Fleetwood Oaks and the major cross streets are Highway 6 @ Memorial. Bar none, Memorial is THE area for a safe and comfortable living experience. As a teenager that was my opinion and as an adult I still stand by it.

(Now, if you are talking further west than Highway 6, Katy is a very nice area, too.)

What made the place so nice for me as a young woman is it was and still is SAFE! With young ladies to care for that is likely at the top of your list! Yes, this is a neighborhood where you could walk your dog at 2 AM with NO hesitation. You could let your cat out with no fear. You could park in the street and your car would still be there the next morning.

Best of luck with your hunt and the move-moving is SO stressful yes? If I can answer any more questions, please ask! I am not a real estate agent, just a regular person.

Warmly,
Courtney McLaury
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Aug 10, 2013
Many areas that would be well suited for you and your girls. You might want to review the schools in the area. Cy-Fair, Katy and Ft. Bend school districts are very popular and within the areas you will likely be looking for your next home. I have links to schools reports on my web site. http://www.markknowshouston.com/res_list.php?cat=12285&c…

The suburbs feature many master planned communities that over a ton of amenities for families including parks, pools, trails, sports parks, dog parks, lakes, disc golf and more!! All of these areas on the northwest, west and southwest sides are within a 25-45 min commute. I have many reviews of these communities on my web site as well. http://www.markknowshouston.com/communities.php

Let us know if we can assist you. We are showing many buyers that are relocating from different parts of the country and Canada! Thank you!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Jordana Ford, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Aug 10, 2013
There are lots of areas in West Houston that are great for teens. I have two teens myself that have been in public schools in West Houston. There is also Katy...a little farther west that has tons of great schools. It depends a little on your budget.
Kathy Ellis, Agent, Spring, TX
Sat Aug 10, 2013
Good Morning,

Congratulations on the new job and relocating to Houston! I would love the opportunity to assist you in this transition. Houston is a fabulous city with so much to offer families.

In addition to being a Realtor, I am also a teacher with teenagers of my own. Choosing a good location that is within driving distance to work and nearby a good school will be extremely important. I would be happy to set up a custom search for you to find a new home that meets your specifications.

If I can be of further service to you, please feel free to contact me directly.

Kathy Ellis
Keller Williams Realty Professionals
8101 Cypresswood Drive
Spring, TX 77379
281-620-0714
kathy@kathyellisrealtor.com
http://www.kathyellisrealtor
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Aug 10, 2013
Welcome to Houston!

Are you looking to lease or purchase? When will you be arriving?

There are several areas on the west side with excellent schools. Please let me know, and I'll get you the information you need by the end of the day. My contact information is below.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon
Kt Hodge, , Houston, TX
Sat Aug 10, 2013
Hi!

I just finished up all of the contracts yesterday for a couple moving from Atlanta. Are you planning on leasing or buying?

I would be happy to help you find a home!

KT Hodge
Zing Ventures, LLC
17350 SH 249, Suite 310
Houston, TX 77064

Phone: 832.656.9022
Alan Harper, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Aug 10, 2013
Please send me an email, I will send you a customized list. I give 1% cash back to buyers who use me as their real estate agent. This comes directly out of my commissions.

Alan Harper, REALTOR®
World Wide Realty
281-905-2414