We are a family with an infant looking to purchase a 3 bdrm in Brooklyn. We love where we live in Fort Greene but know we won't be able to

Asked by Zane.latta, Brooklyn, NY Sun Jan 19, 2014

afford that size around here. Our cap would be around 800k. Any suggestions for a neighborhood to be looking in. We love a good dining scene and younger neighbours, if possible.

Answers

13
Daria Kolomi…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sun Mar 2, 2014
Good afternoon, Zane!
Fort Greene neighborhood is great! But you should check also a Clinton Hill area. There are pretty good areas. First of all you should find some answers on main questions: what is your desirable sq ft of the apartment; which subway lines you need to be near to or whether you need it in general; do you need to be near a school area etc.
Wish you good luck!
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sun Jan 19, 2014
Dear Zane.latta:

There are plenty of places in Brooklyn that would be good for you. You simply have to be open minded about size, condition and maybe have a willingness to travel (10-15 minutes) just a little bit to get to the "good dining scene". You may also want to look into schools because your infant will be starting Pre-K in about 3 years!

Here are some web sites that can be helpful to you, check them out...

http://www.WalkScore.com will tell you proximity from an address to restaurants, banks, etc.
http://www.SchoolDigger.com will give you information about local schools and how they rank.

If you need help locating a property, feel free to contact me any time. I would be more than happy to assist.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales/ e-Pro Realtor
Fillmore Real Estate
Office: (718) 252-2000/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Yan Ai, Agent, Flushing, NY
Sun Jan 19, 2014
I have a listing in Gerritsen Beach, which is a larger 2-family, nice, with excellent conditon. school ps 277 is perfect for your kid in near future.
Nardeen Bill…, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Jan 19, 2014
Hi Zane! I was involved with many schools in Brooklyn, some of which taught the children a second language starting as early as Pre-K! You can find beautiful homes within quality school districts, in my opinion, in areas such as Carroll Gardens, Park Slope, Cobble Hill and Clinton Hill. Those are all desirable neighborhoods where you can find homes within your budget. Not to mention these are all quiet neighborhoods, great for families and awesome dining options. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to send me an email nardeen@rapartnersny.com or give me a call at 917-792-1999. Good luck!
Madeline Pad…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sun Jan 19, 2014
Hi Zane
there is a 3 bed coop for 705 maint 1300 -for an example
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Jan 19, 2014
If purchasing with a mortgage, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously, therefore if you haven't done so yet, visit with any licensed loan officer; also choose an agent to work with, he/she will be your best guide in locating a suitable property....
Jean Paul Ho, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sun Jan 19, 2014
GET UP TO $ 65,000.00 IN GRANT
Why rent? Is there anyone giving YOU money to rent? Any tax deduction? Rent KEEPS going up in Brooklyn? Own CHEAPER than renting - You are in a fixed income- You NEED a FIXED mortgage! While building EQUITY? Find out if you Qualify for up to $ 65,000.00 in grant money (You do not have to repay-subject to condition & terms) Would you hate to find out that you qualify AFTER closing on your house & it's too late? How would you feel paying more than everyone else? We have helped MANY..... family OWN when they thought that they can only RENT!!! START the New Year right & make a difference for your family! Leave a LEGACY to your family!!

Free Homebuyer's Seminar
3:00 pm. THIS Sunday 1/19/14
Come find out:
How to qualify for up to $65,000.00 in grants (Do not have to pay back - Subject to certain restrictions)
Get Pre-approved & lock in your rate (Rates are going up)
Sonyma, FHA, FHA 203, Renovation Loan, VA loan & much more
Citilift, HomeFirst, NACA ,Saving , Credit counseling & more!

THIS SUNDAY SUNDAY Jan. 19th,2014
Location-
Brooklyn Real Property
389 Atlantic Avenue
Between Bond and Hoyt
To RSVP Call (718) 875-8899

Visit http://www.BrooklynRealProperty.com over 2000's listing!
Brought to you by "Brooklyn REAL Property,Inc."
WE care about our community & give back by EDUCATION!
Kathryn Lilly, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Jan 19, 2014
Hello;
There is still a possibility of a 3 bedroom in Fort Greene. It will probably be a co-op that also has lower closing costs than the purchase of a condo.
Just to throw out a purchase price number, without knowing how much cash you are working with and the source of the downpayment, the common charges, Real Estate Taxes or monthly maintenance charges and what the monthly maintenece includes, could possibly short change your search.
Getting pre-approved without a specifice apartment building in mind could also short change your search, some buildings qualifie and some do not for different financing options.
This is why it is very importatnt to work with a very knowledgable buyers agent, that knows the difference between co-ops and condos and the neighborhoods that you are open to.
Or I am sorry to say that you will keep loosing options, due to the competative market.
To win in this market you need a good coach, that is what your buyers agent should be, for want of a better term.
Please feel free to contact me, I have worked in Fort Greene, Clinton Hill and now Prospect Heights, Crown Heights and Lefferts Gardens for the past 30+ years.

Kathryn Lilly, Broker
Realty on the Greene, LLC
718-858-7600
KLilly@Realtyonthegreene.com
Luis Estrella, Agent, New York ny 10018, NY
Sun Jan 19, 2014
Good Morning,

The next step is to get pre approved by a mortgage lender. Here at Highline Residential we are a one stop shop. We have an in house mortgage lender who can get you pre approved for a mortgage for free this week. We also know of several off market properties in Fort green that are available. From the moment you get this message feel free to give me a call at 917-602-0293. We can get your new year started on the right foot. I look forward to speaking with you.

Luis

Realtor, Highline Residential
L.Paulino@HLResidential.com
917-602-0293

Hlresidential.com
Janine Young, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Jan 19, 2014
Try Prospect Heights or Clinton Hill, Crown Heights or Sunset Park. Bayridge has a lot of what you are looking for too!

Keep a close eye out for better deals in already popular Clinton Hill and Prospect Heights... Crown Heights is quickly becoming at hot spot too- you may be a little late on the trend there, but you can find certain pockets that should offer everything you are looking for!

Sunset Park and Bayridge are a bit more suburban feeling, but they both have a lot to offer as far as space and value. The restaurants in Bayridge are pretty amazing!

Good Luck, and feel free to reach out to me for guidance : jyoung@bondnewyork.com
Winston Mara…, , Brooklyn, NY
Sun Jan 19, 2014
Hi Zane.latta,

I would suggest Park Slope, Clinton Hill, BedStuy, Prospect Heights and North Crown Heights. For a more detailed and personalized consultation, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Cheers,

Winston Maragh
CITI HABITATS
250 Park Avenue South, New York, NY 10003
Phone 347.631.4330 | Fax 917-262-7371
Sales + Rentals. Knowledge + Guidance.
Taryn Wisky, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sun Jan 19, 2014
Hello Zane,

I have a few listings in park slope and Clinton Hill. I actually one listing in Fort Greene. This price point will also depend on if you are looking at coops or condos.Please email or give me a call if you are interested. I would love to help you.

Taryn Wisky
Halstead Brooklyn
718.613.2894
Twisky@Halstead.com
Madeline Pad…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sun Jan 19, 2014
Hi zane
Pls send me your direct email and I will do some research on yiur possibilities.