WHAT IS THE AVERAGE COST PER SQUARE FOOT TO BUILD A 2,000 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE. NOTHING SPECIAL.....JUST THE BASICS

Asked by Gene Holland, Palm Coast, FL Wed Jul 20, 2011

Answers

41
Jesse Storm’s answer
Jesse Storm, Agent, Lancaster, PA
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Get your free home value today. http://stormteamrealestate.com/home-value-free/ fill in the blanks and click the blocks and you will know what your home is worth or if the home your looking to buy is over priced. We look forward to helping you.
Homedude, Other Pro, Palm Coast, FL
Tue Sep 6, 2011
I'm building a house,will be moving in about a week from now. The house 2412 SQ FT. in Palm Coast, 1,150 SQ FT garage with tall 11 Ft garage doors, granite in 3 baths,and kitchen,solid wood cabinets in all 3 baths and kitchen,10,and 12Ft flat ceilings,Whirlpool Stainless Appliances, Travatine (stone ) back splash to ceiling,All Tile everywhere, jetted Tub in master, ALL 8 Ft solid core doors even closets,with all real ext. Schlage locks, 800Sq FT screened caged Lani,well with sprinklers,on a 25,000 SQ FT lot, 2,800 SQ Ft of driveway stone pavers,rain gutters all around, wired for alarm ,and video, solid wood shelves in closets, wired for back up generator , hand made solid wood window sills,Plywood roof boards,all real wood no partical board anywhere,Total cost without land $239,000 this includes impact,gov't fees. Hope this helps,before I built I searched for an answer to this question too.
It sure did. What about central air and heat?
Flag Wed Dec 21, 2016
thanks. can you suggest how I can buid this kind of nice house. so you are your own general contractor? My budget is 100 dollar per square feet. I can be reached bt mkapat082yahoo.com
any suggestions will be helpful.
Flag Tue May 17, 2016
What architect did you use? We are building in Ponce Inlet, Fl.
Flag Sun May 15, 2016
As he mentioned he built this himself at this price point... so to have this same home built by a professional, I'd say to easily double the price, at least in the Pinellas County part of FL (west coast) Probably $200/sqr ft would be normal for something nice. So, I'd say something like the person describes is more like $450-550K in March 2016 for a new build. I've looked at hundreds of properties over the last year and finally bought in Safety Harbor, FL. There's a lot of junk out there. New builds in decent areas are claiming top dollar. Nice stuff, especially brand new is very expensive
Flag Mon Mar 14, 2016
Dang that's a real good price. I wonder what it would cost to build in 2016
Flag Mon Feb 8, 2016
I'm planning to build in Palm Coast also. I would love to speak to your builder. I can be reached @ 208-610-6528.
Flag Mon Jan 25, 2016
i would love to see this house, i too am looking to build, and that would be my price range as well, any help will be appreciated as i would be my[oen GC, feel free to vall me @ 602.268-1462, i would also be in the market for a lot for a reasonable sum. no crazy Bob Sydor
Flag Mon Jun 10, 2013
yes who did you use as your builder
Flag Sat Feb 2, 2013
Hi Kevin, I built it myself , I'm NOT a builder, so I hired a former builder to guide me, any question i would be happy to answer,I know how stressful this is .
Flag Sat Aug 25, 2012
Homedude....who did you use as a builder?
Flag Fri Jun 1, 2012
Stormyleena, Home Buyer, Atlanta, GA
Fri Jun 10, 2016
My answer would be it depends. The cost to build a home varies widely by location. Building a home in warmer climates is very different , and much less costly, than building in northern states, where foundations must be able to withstand freezing, etc. Different areas have different local codes and regulations. And of course build costs change over time.

I would first suggest that you find a good Realtor and have them run a free market analysis for you on the area you will be building in. Then you will have a good idea of what the going prices are so you do not over build for that area.

Web Reference: http://USAConstructionLoans.com
Are the bathrooms Grannite the master bath with a seamless shower and the faucets and the flooring is the flooring wood or marble or porcelain large and are there is some nice moldings and the kitchen island as well as how many windows approximately one full hour or two does that matter
Flag Thu Jun 22, 2017
C.Pat Denvir, Agent, Palm Coast, FL
Wed Jul 20, 2011
Mr. Holland,
No frills basic home on your lot approx $85.00 per sq.ft.. If you have no preference for where you live, you might want to consider the builders models or spec homes that are located throughout Palm Coast. Builders such as Sea Gate quite often offer their inventory of spec homes in various neighborhoods and some gated communities. Usually these homes have all the 'bells & whistles' because they are showcases for the builders work. Very often prices are far less than you expect.
If you need help, I am here.
C.Pat Denvir, REALTOR
Mark Evans, Agent, Avon, IN
Thu Sep 8, 2011
Preference , quality, style, and location factor the bottom dollar.
Contact 718-374-4449. Experienced builder
Flag Fri Jun 16, 2017
Sandra Marie…, Both Buyer And Seller, Florida
Wed Jan 18, 2012
$100.00 per sq. ft.cost of basdic 2000 sq. ft. home 200,000. not counting permits, plans, foundation, clearing,eletric,gas,water connect to city.$30,000. total of 230,000.
Homedude, Other Pro, Palm Coast, FL
Thu Sep 8, 2011
As we saw when we are building our house it's very easy to go over budget all the things you want seem to be just a little more than builder grade,and it adds up fast.Our solid core 8 ' doors,were $7,000 more than 6'8" standard hollow core doors.Plus sales tax of course.It's easy to add $50,000 to a house just by finishing the interior with better materials.My guess is inflation will be on the rise very soon. Build now and do it rite.5 years from now or less it will cost much much more to build.
Just to build a 1245 sq feet composition home to sale, about how much per sq feet ?
excluding the land..
Flag Sun Mar 29, 2015
Anna Nevod, , Palm Coast, FL
Wed Jul 20, 2011
$78 excluding lot, everything else is included but basic.
call 386-627-3477 Sergey Nevod
Blue Crown Construction, Inc.
http://www.bluecrownconstruction.com
Call 718-374-4449 experience builder
Flag Fri Jun 16, 2017
Vsjfree, Home Buyer, Palm Coast, FL
Sat Oct 7, 2017
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE COST PER SQUARE FOOT TO BUILD A 4,600 SQUARE FOOT HOUSE IN STONE HARBOR NJ
Vsjfree, Home Buyer, Palm Coast, FL
Sat Oct 7, 2017
Suanmedina77, Renter, Orlando, FL
Mon Oct 2, 2017
How much is to built a 2500 sq.ft house in Orlando, FL.
Cvoight, Home Buyer, Huntsville, AL
Wed Aug 9, 2017
Wondering what the square foot cost of building a home is in Bay St.Louis, MS, a couple of blocks from the beach. I know there must be hurricane precautions of some sort but am having trouble finding that information.
Nothing too fancy. No expensive cabinets, basic bathrooms, etc.
thanks!
go to the Bay St Louis Permit office you can find all the info you need. Also the FEMA website has a lot of information. BSL and Waveland have different restrictions. I'm from Huntsville also and currently getting bids on new house. Most prices for custom builders is around $145.00 sf ft. Some builders only build their floor plans start at about $90.00 Sf Ft.
Flag Sat Aug 26, 2017
In Flood Zone X, which requires no elevation but we'd want to elevate it at least 2 to 3 feet.
Flag Wed Aug 9, 2017
Malbernas, Home Buyer, Miami, FL
Sat Jul 29, 2017
What is the average cost per sq ft for an addition of approximately 900-1000sq ft that includes a kitchen, living, dining rooms' with 2bd/2bth in 33176?
Nativeson_ja, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Tue Apr 25, 2017
Old tread but hope someone still checking in; looking to build a 2500 sq.ft, 1200 garage in the 33412 zip code of West Palm Beach FL; mid range finishes. What's average costs per SQ. FT
Rraz11, Renter, New Orleans, LA
Thu Sep 1, 2016
how much does cost to build a 2000sqft 3b 2b in river ridge,la 70123
Are you still seriously looking for a qualified and reasonable contractor to build for you in Iowa?
Ray (319)961-9448
Flag Sun Jan 29, 2017
Denisetasch, Home Buyer, Palm Coast, FL
Mon Aug 29, 2016
Please note the question was answered in 2011... The cost of building materials for a 100 sq ft. has changed. Also, consider the cost for bathrooms, and kitchen fixtures. It is unreasonable to think you buy materials, let alone pay a builder at todays rates.
Guardiansofd…, Home Buyer, Palm Coast, FL
Thu May 26, 2016
Builder grade = $150 per sq. ft. with out lot and on central water and sewer. Septic and well can vary depending on county as well as state. Custom grade $180 to $400 depending on extras and accessories such as garage and basement. Log home $160 to $ 200.00 without package and lot. Engineered septics and deeper wells additional cost. Actually a cost per sq. ft. rarely works out. Each plan has its own little something that cause cost overrun and should be gone over thoroughly and priced prior to contract and commitment. Building can be exciting and a great experience providing everyone remains on the same sheet of music. J%L Contractors Fredericksburg VA 22407 Guardiansofdestiny@verizon.net . 540-849-9547 Butch Simmons, 540-760-6102 Wilbert Jennings
We are in the Washington D.C. area Fredericksburg Va Bedroom community between D.C. and Richmond Not Florida.
Flag Thu May 26, 2016
Mairetom, Home Buyer, Palm Coast, FL
Sun May 22, 2016
building enclosed front porch cement floor 20x20 wirh 7 30"windows and entrance door form frount room
Kathy Samuel, Agent, Laguna Niguel, CA
Fri Apr 22, 2016
Cost per square foot will very depending on proximity to the water
Agdshfjdhfgj…, Home Buyer, Palm Coast, FL
Thu Feb 25, 2016
The cost varies greatly, but the rule of thumb is roughly $100 - $150 a square foot.
Qjiowrgfioaw…, Home Buyer, Winder, GA
Fri Jan 8, 2016
74 in Georgia for normal house with some upgrades. You can get into 125 for custom.
any referrals?
Flag Mon May 9, 2016
any referrals?
Flag Mon May 9, 2016
Blb2nd, Home Buyer, Palm Coast, FL
Thu Nov 19, 2015
national average is 125$/ft
vvorachek, , 58048
Fri Mar 21, 2014
What is the average cost per sq ft to build a house not including the land for the area with a zip code of of 58048?
barnestrevor…, Home Owner, Coconut Creek, FL
Sat Mar 1, 2014
How much it would cost build a 15000 sq ft home with 1 car garage
Oh wait, 15,000 sq. ft. home? Yea, about 1.5 millions.
Flag Fri Mar 4, 2016
I think they meant1,500 sq. ft. home.
Flag Fri Mar 4, 2016
15,000 home with one garage??
Flag Thu Jun 26, 2014
SWFL Dream H…, Other Pro, Fort Myers, FL
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Deluxe materials and finishings $150 a sq ft w/o lot. Builder basic = $100 per sq ft
Call 718-374-4449 experience builder
Flag Fri Jun 16, 2017
Scott Hulen, , 64068
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Just ran across a great little book on this subject “building a quality custom home” by Dave Konkol, it can be had at amazon for about 4.99. It is a must read for anyone building a custom home! Ps the question of cost per sq. ft. is one of the worst questions you can ask and the least important. Good Luck, read the book it provides an honest insight to the building process.
puppy133771, Home Buyer, Saint Augustine, FL
Fri Feb 22, 2013
IN st augustine Fl. what is the tax rate per $100 on home and property value?
also the sales tax and state tax????
Jesse Storm, Agent, Lancaster, PA
Mon Jan 14, 2013
Check out the home price page on http://lancasterparealtor.com
You can get your value on any home in Lancaster County PA.
This is for sellers or buyers.
Jesse Storm, Agent, Lancaster, PA
Fri Jan 20, 2012
A good builder can normal hit the 100.00 per sq ft price tag for an average home. If your looking to crazy inside and specials for windows and doors or crazy heating and ac systems or crazy kitchen and bath suff you can open your wallet and blow out the cobwebs couse they will cost you alot more
Allison Fish…, Agent, Ann Arbor, MI
Fri Jan 20, 2012
This would be a better question for a contractor that knows the market you are in.
Sandra Cooper, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Thu Sep 8, 2011
It depends if you have land or bying the land with the builder. If you own land and want all teh upgrades from granite, rubbed bronze etc... you are looking anywhere from $88 to 100 per sqft, depending on your floor plan and materials used
David Price, Agent, Saint Petersburg, FL
Thu Sep 8, 2011
Price per sqft can vary depending on the type of home and its location, but if you were building a single story home in St. Petersburg FL and you own the lot and have plans ready to go for a wood frame home 3 beds 2 baths 1,400 sqft + an attached garage with basic finish, formica countertops, builder grade cabs , tile in the kitchen and baths and carpet in the bedrooms basic landscaping $125k or $88 per sqft. If you wanted to upgrade to wood floors and craftmade cabs with granite and ss appliances you could add an addition $15-$20k depending on finish.
Lisa Adkins, Agent, OFallon, MO
Tue Sep 6, 2011
Cost per square foot is such a subjective figure. It all depends on the upgrades and features of the home, as much as the location. I caution my buyers to get too wrapped up in that for those reasons. Your question is almost impossible to answer without more specific details, most importantly city/location you are asking about...
Hi Lisa, I really need your help. I am a college student for Columbia College. We have a project due this week. We have to contact builders, contractors, or real estate agents to determine how much would it cost to build a 2500 sq. foot home in Missouri.
Flag Sat Dec 5, 2015
Jeff Josephs…, Agent, Kirkland, WA
Tue Sep 6, 2011
best answer is to have three contractors compete to give you the average price. Tell them you are going to reward the median estimate with a $50 gas card. After preparaed with this information, then you can know which bids are appropriate or not.
Gerard Carney, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Wed Jul 27, 2011
Gene this is a question for a General Contractor or custom Home Builder!
Jack Gillis, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed Jul 27, 2011
WOW, that's a loaded question. The answer is, it depends. Many, many factors go into the answer. Costs of materials vary by area of the country and can vary drastically in Florida depending on hurricanes. Other factors will include exterior finish (such as brick, stucco, travertine, wood, etc.), interior floor finish (such as, laminate flooring, natural wood, stone, linoleum, grade of carpet), are you going with basic entry level appliances or top of the line, granite countertops or formica, and the list goes on. The best way is to decide what you want and then get estimates with 3 or 4 reputable builders in your area.

Jack Gillis, M.B.A., J.D.
Jack Gillis Realty Advisors
Nathan Grace Real Estate, Broker
5619 Dyer Street | Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75206
Cell: 214.718.4910
Email: Jack@JackGillisRealty.com
Steve Perrine, Agent, Palm Coast, FL
Thu Jul 21, 2011
Hello Gene,
Builder prices do vary, and there are some great deals on Builder Spec homes. Great timing as Builders are competing for your business. Incentives do exist. All things being the same, have you wondered as to why one builder can construct a home for far less than another? As long as we are not cutting corners to save money and sacrifice quality, there are reasons for this. Buying power, contractor pricing etc... You should also be aware of Impact fees and Sewer hook up costs. In all fairness to the builders that are still here, the quality of their homes is very good as they have less projects in the construction phase to examine and check for quality. You should also take into consideration the financial stability of the builder you are considering. Times are tough for everyone in this Real Estate Marketplace. Will your builder have the staying power to complete the project? With that being said, don't let that discourage you. There are great builders in the area that have deep roots in the community. Home sites are inexpensive and affordable. It's a great time to build. I just had my Mom build a home in Palm Coast with a Local Builder. She moved into it in February. Fantastic Quality, great pricing, headache free process. Always here to help you
Web Reference:  http://luxuryteamflorida.com
William Haus…, , Palm Coast, FL
Thu Jul 21, 2011
Hello Gene,
Depending on finishes tile vs vinyl in wet area's, material selected for shower surrounds, counters tops, fixtures both plumbing and electrical and quality of cabinetry, your looking at $85 to $100 per square foot to build a basic home.
Harry Ashley, Agent, Palm Coast, FL
Thu Jul 21, 2011
Morning Gene,

You have the anwers, really does not make sense unless you want it custom or on a specific lot. Resales can ve half the price.

View all available Palm Coast Resale homes at:

http://www.palmcoastrealestate-fl.com

Regards

Harry Ashley
Broker Owner
386-931-6054
harry@harryashley.com
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Thu Jul 21, 2011
You may be better off buying an existing house--just make sure to do your inspections to verify expensive problems don't exist, i.e Chinese Drywall.
Scott Hulen, , 64068
Wed Jul 20, 2011
we need a little more information. Type of home ranch, 2 story or reverse? Also when you receive answers including or excluding the lot, cash deal, real estate commision, deals with the lender and pts. Would love to answer but everyone will need more information from you. Right now 80-250 per sq ft respond with details and I will dial it in. Thanks Scott
Example 2000 sq ft ranch home on a slab basic fixtures home only no RE no builder fees, cash deal 80-95 per sq ft
Web Reference:  http://www.randshomes.com
I saw one of those everything cheap 15 amp outlets knock down sprayed walls. Basically they came in took a sh*t and left
Flag Sun Apr 3, 2016
How much money do you have? that is how much you are going to spend per square foot, especially if you are building it your self. There are so many nice features, fixtures, flooring, etc. that you are going to want, that the only constraint is the lack of money. Good luck
Flag Fri Dec 18, 2015