Thinking of relocating to Parkland, Weston or Coral Springs from Westchester, NY. College age & Middle school aged children. Any advice on which?

Asked by Keri Rodriguez, Jefferson Valley, NY Fri Nov 5, 2010

one?

Answers

18
Bette Abrams…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Fri Nov 5, 2010
Hi Keri...My first choice for you would probably be Parkland...the schools in all of the areas are excellent and A rated, , but I believe that out of the 3, Parkland would still come out on top for schools. In addition, it's a city that it extremely "park like", if you will...the density of the city has been kept down...it was planned that way, and it's truly a wonderful place to live.

There are a variety of communities here in Parkland...some are gated; some not. Some are newer; some are more mature, in the 14-18 year range...that would probably be more like a Westchester "feel" since these communities are filled with large trees and have more individuality in their homes. Most have homeowner's associations; however there are some that don't. (By the way, I'm very familiar with Westchester, having grown up in NY).

All however, are beautiful, and Parkland is filled with a host of restaurants, from take out, casual and elegant. The lifestyle tends to be casual as well. I'd be glad to send you information on a variety of the communities here...please feel free to contact me: I'd be happy to help you make this an easier relocation.

Bette Abrams PA, GRI
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
5810 Coral Ridge Drive
Coral Springs, Florida 33076
Cell 954-303-5158
email: betteabrams@aol.com
Ron Renzy, Home Buyer, Wesley Chapel, FL
Tue Aug 9, 2016
Hi what are the taxes in Coral Springs and Parkland?
Vitali Sorok…, Agent, Aventura, FL
Mon Mar 10, 2014
i can help you ,also please visit my web >>>http://beachclubhallandale.net/
or http://www.miamirealtymall.com/
Vitali Sorokin
Hollywood Beach Realty
315 Johnson Street
Hollywood,Fl 33019

954-608-7014 Cell
Georgia Garn…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Fri Mar 7, 2014
I relocated to South Florida from NJ and found that the best place for my family in South Florida was Parkland. Parkland is a wonderful family community and has been voted as such for multiple years. I love it here and would not move my family anywhere else in South Florida.
Carter Pierr…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Weston, FL
Tue Mar 4, 2014
Good Afternoon,

To be completely honest with you, any of those areas would be great for raising a family in South Florida. Weston tends to be a favorite among South Florida locals though, which is why inventory in Weston is extremely low. People from out of state tend to want to be around some of the action that South Florida is known for, and South Broward offers the South Florida action with a suburban feel. My advice would be to expand your search to West Miramar and Pembroke Pines, where there are a good amount of transplants from New York.
Ximena Rosen…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Tue Mar 4, 2014
Good Morning Keriann,

I hope all is well!

Please check this video out, and let me know what do you think ;)

http://youtu.be/63mpGTQ7NCM

This city has:
- Eight amazing parks for kids
- A+ Schools
- Free fun activities
- And much more...

Ximena Rosensweig
SIGMA
PARKLAND RESIDENT
Direct Line: 954-670-7994
xrosensweig@gmail.com
Languages: English, Spanish
Sharon Alter, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Thu Feb 6, 2014
Hello Keriann,

All 3 areas are beautiful places to raise your family. Depending on where you work and how far you are willing to commute, for example if your job is located in Miami, Weston would be an ideal location. If you are working in Boca Raton, then Coral Springs and Parkland would closer than Weston. All of these cities have A rated schools, Parkland was rated one of the top ten school districts in the nation by Forbes. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us.

You can also text "Parkland" to 32323 to download a free app that will allow you to search any area in South Florida.

Wish you the best of luck!

Melanie and Sharon
Realty Associates
954-729-1416/954-415-4838
Asmer Monter…, Agent, Weston, FL
Mon Jan 20, 2014
Parkland and Weston both have excellent schools. I have listings in both areas. Contact me if interested.
Irina Karan, Agent, Aventura, FL
Sat Sep 28, 2013
There are other great areas to live in like Aventura, Coral Gables, Boca Raton, depending on what you like to do with your kids. Outdoor water activities, fishing, canoeing...being close to action in Miami and Miami Beach, or a more relaxed lifestyle away from it.

Hope this helps and best of luck,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Deborah Burke, Home Owner, Parkland, FL
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Ignore that home buyer FAMU, tallahassee, fl...have no idea what that's all about
Deborah Burke, Home Owner, Parkland, FL
Mon Jun 17, 2013
I don't usually respond to comments but...I have lived in some nice places in several states...but Parkland gets my #1 vote for many reasons. It is a fabulous place to raise a family. It is not cheap but you do get what you pay for for sure. No slums, no Okay neighborhoods...Everything is pristine and beautiful in every direction...It exudes a very quiet and secluded small city feel, while being upscale and still in the midst of all the amenities of neighboring cities like coral springs and boca raton. Verry controlled service oriented commercial presence...Westglades middle school feeds into Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High. Check the school stats. Florida gets a bad rap for public schools but Parkland public schools justify the property taxes. Years ago I moved from seven minutes away in a gorgeous coral springs community to parkland simply to take advantage of the "A"school system and for my daughter to be able to ride horses on the street and trails...My children had a great life...they are all now in varying levels of college...My two younger ones all graduated high school with college credit and were able to accelerate their college goals.

I love Heron Bay community. All the bells and whistles. Parkland Golf and Country Club is fabulous but the maintenance fees are outrageous and you can get the same in Heron Bay. Both built primarily by WCI. wide variety of housing up to multimillions so all needs are met.

Weston is beautiful with a very strong south american presence. the schools are on par with parkland. I almost moved there but the atmosphere in relation to the sister cities is more beneficial in the north broward county corridor.

http://www.cityofparkland.org/

Good luck with your decision making.

Debbie B.
Joelle Embres, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Wed Jan 26, 2011
Hi Keri,
I was watching the today show this morning when I was getting my son ready for school and it was snowing.Brr... I don't mean to rub it in but its beautiful here!! Ok, Middle school, my son too. I would go to http://www.publicschoolreview.com They have reviews on all the schools and links for crime statistics, neighborhood happenings etc... That being said, I just relocated A family from Port Washington. I have no idea if thats anywhere near you, I just know its New york. They love parkland!!! They have a daughter in kindergarten.Hope this helps!

Best Regards
Joelle Embres
Re/max ParkCreek
jsellhomes@live.com
954-254-2054
what are the taxes in parkland?
Flag Tue Aug 9, 2016
Susan J Penn,…, Agent, Weston, FL
Sun Jan 16, 2011
All of your mentioned areas are really nice. It would matter where you job is at and what your purchase price is. Good Luck

Susan Penn, PA, SFR
EWM Realtor
2000 Main Street
Weston, Florida 33326
954-557-5993
Stefanie Coh…, Agent, Weston, FL
Fri Nov 5, 2010
Keri,

You can't go wrong with any of these areas. You might want to think of where you would like to be located in respect to highways, airports, dining, and entertainment. Where will you be working? Do you want to be closer to the beaches, or Miami?

There is a lot to take into consideration regarding location. If you would like additional information, feel free to contact me. I specialize in West Broward County, and am Relocation Certified. I have been selling Real Estate in Florida for over 20 years, and would be happy to help you.

Stefanie Cohen, PA, SFR
Prudential Florida Realty
954-547-9203
Scohen77@aol.com
Gary Hitchco…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Fri Nov 5, 2010
Hi Keri,

My wife and partner teaches at the high school in Parkland. Can't beat it, tops in the US, she teaches AP classes and writes recommendation letters to all the Ivy league schools. Glad to help you.

http://www.ParklandExpert.com

Gary
Nicole Marks…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Fri Nov 5, 2010
Hi, Keri. First of all, your family will love the winters here!

It sounds like you have done a little research on the public schools here because Parkland, Weston and Coral Springs all have great public schools. For you college aged child(ren) our state universities are also excellent. Since all of these cities have fantastic reputations your home's resale value will be good.

Please call me at 561-445-8743 if you have more questions.

Nicole Marks Mason, Realtor
Web Reference:  http://www.buysellboca.com
Edyta Gryc, Agent, Naperville, IL
Fri Nov 5, 2010
The information about broward public schools and their boundry lines can be found on http://www.browardschools.com.
If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me.
Lynne Knapp, , Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fri Nov 5, 2010
I have worked these 3 areas for 20 years. Call me at (954) 647-5335 Cellular, to discuss your particular details and considerations. You can go on my website http://www.BestBrowardProperty.com is get a feel for how well we can work together. I am a Relocation Specialist as well.

Lynne Knapp, Realtor®
ReMax Consultants Realty 1