Stapleton Waterfront

Asked by Xdreem18, 10306 Thu Nov 18, 2010

Any new info on the Stapleton Waterfront project? I can't find any recent information - and I see on Ironstate's website that construction is to start early 2011.

Answers

3
Beatrice Karbowski’s answer
Beatrice Kar…, , Staten Island, NY
Fri Dec 3, 2010
Hi Xdreems18
From Beatrice Karbowski,Gillani Homes

Please view the attached web sitehttp://www.nycedc.com/ProjectsOpportunities/CurrentProjects/StatenIsland/newstapletonwaterfront/Pages/NewStapletonWaterfront.aspx
I am sure this will help you out. For your future questions, you can contact my web
regards
Joseph Runfo…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Fri Nov 19, 2010
This past May the developer displayed their completed Jersey City project which will be similar to the Staten Island project in certain ways. Many Staten Islanders were on site to see the completed rental units, and the reports are very favorable. New Jersey-based Ironstate Development Co. will transform seven acres of the 36-acre Homeport, located just south of the St. George Ferry Terminal in the Stapleton section of Staten Island, into a green development. It will include 800 residential rental units, 30,000 square feet of retail space and a public plaza.
Ironstate will purchase the seven acres from the city for about $11 million and plans to spend another $150 million constructing the project. The city, meantime, will kick in more than $30 million for infrastructure. The site will now be developed in phases, beginning with the housing, retail and a waterfront esplanade. Officials said the initial project will create more than 1,100 construction jobs and 150 permanent ones. Under the deal, the city will spend $33 million on infrastructure improvements, including the planned esplanade to provide community access to the waterfront. The residential units, split between two buildings as tall as six stories, will be marketed to young professionals.
Web Reference:  http://www.clovelake.com
Deborah Brac…, Agent, STATEN ISLAND, NY
Fri Nov 19, 2010
Hi Xdreem 18,

I couldn't obtain any further details. However, if you'd like to receive updates on the Stapleton Waterfront project email the following address and they will put you on their contact list:: newstapletonwaterfront@nycedc.com.
Hope this information is helpful to you.