Single, 29 year old male relocating to san diego, in search of lively neighborhood to rent in

Asked by Ryan_b, Denver, CO Thu Apr 7, 2011

Answers

15
Lauren Gross, Agent, La Jolla, CA
Fri Apr 8, 2011
Oh YEAH!!! Fashion Valley is SO HAPPENING! IT ROCKS! Get down with yer bad self at the Mall! Watch out for those cougars at Bloomingdales!! LOL! ;>)
Steven Campb…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Apr 8, 2011
Ryan,
Most of these people are right on...downtown is the place. I have a great fellow agent, Sean Zanganeh who knows that area extremely well. He lives it! He can be reached at sean.zanganeh@gmail.com. You will love San Diego!
Jason Lopez, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed May 4, 2011
Where do you live now? Are you looking for something similar or are you "upgrading?" What types of activities and amenities do you want to be able to tap into? Do you want urban or beach? That said...Downtown or Pacific/Ocean Beach.
Paul Montano, Agent, Chula Vista, CA
Fri Apr 8, 2011
Bro,

You need to live in one of the following: Fashion Valley, Down Town, Golden Hills, North Park or Pacific Beach.

Trust me on this one!

PM
Web Reference:  http://www.montanorealty.net
Laura Coffey, Agent, Santa Clarita, CA
Fri Apr 8, 2011
I don't live down there but I have had great times in the Gas Lamp district and near the Marina.
Good luck and have fun!
Cory La Scala, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Apr 8, 2011
All good options, but for you, or if I were 29 again : ) I'd suggest:

North Park
Hillcrest
Golden Hill
Downtown: East Village, Gaslamp
Banker's Hill
Mission Hills
Wesley Guest, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Apr 8, 2011
All great suggestions below. I would focus on Downtown or North Park. I think either one of these areas might be a great fit for you! Good luck on your search and please feel free to contact me for more information / suggestions.

Wesley Guest
877.482.3747
info@wesleyguest.com
Web Reference:  http://www.wesleyguest.com
Janett Lewis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Apr 8, 2011
You should check out Downtown, North Park, Normal Heights, Kensington, Little Italy or Hillcrest. They are all great, lively communities with Art Galleries, yummy restaurants and entertainment within walking distance.

There are also Ocean Beach, Pacific Beach or Mission Beach, if you like the beach town feeling. The parties get a little wild down there and traffic can be brutal but if you love the nightlife and surf these would be ideal.

Check out this website to search.
Lauren Gross, Agent, La Jolla, CA
Fri Apr 8, 2011
HI Ryan...

I live right above Little Italy, Downtown. It's GREAT. South Park is fine, a lot of families. North Park is fine, but a bit out of the way if you want to be close to it all Downtown. Pt. Loma's not for a 29 yr old single guy unless you have a sailboat and want to join the Yacht Club and go to a couple of concerts It might be too mellow and boat oriented. Liberty Station is definitely not for you, I'm guessing. I live in South Mission Hills and can walk to Little Italy, but if you want good restaurants, riding your bike, walking, great clubs and an awesome fitness club Downtown where EVERYONE works out, Downtown is your choice. If you're a beach guy, there are several areas that would be good too. I'm a La Jolla native. I love it there, but not sure, unless you surf, if that would be enough action for you. This is my home town, I know this area intimately. If you want to talk to me, call me at (619)778-4050.

Lauren
Joey Rennick, , 91941
Fri Apr 8, 2011
I agree with Scott, if you're looking for lively/cool/hip, then you want to be in north park or south park. Also look at hillcrest, or downtown, although they are the most expensive. You might want to look into golden hill. It's up and coming, more affordable and right next to south park.
Sher Slavin-…, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Thu Apr 7, 2011
I like Pt Loma. Next to downtown and little Italy. Liberty Station is a great community. You also have all the boating, Humphreys and good restaurants.
Sher Slavin.
Sher Slavin-…, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Sher Slavin.
Jeffrey Doug…, , San Diego, CA
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Hi Ryan, Check out downtown too, depending on where you are working, this is a great place and very lively!
scott neal, Agent, san diego, CA
Thu Apr 7, 2011
30th Ave is loaded with great restaurants and night spots. It extends from South Park to Normal heights with North Park in the middle. All three of these ares would be prime places for a rental.
Constantine…, , San Diego, CA
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Bankers Hill FTW! I used to live there. Very cool urban feel. P.B. might be a lot of fun too! You will love it here in SD.
Welcome!