General Area in 85755>Question Details

Kate, Home Buyer in Tucson, AZ

Seeking advice on wonderful neighborhoods - safe, scenic, w/strong high school in 85755 zip code and/or surrounding area. Thx.

Asked by Kate, Tucson, AZ Thu Dec 27, 2012

Answers

4
Spirit Messingham’s answer
Another way will be to tour the areas, subdivisions you like. Are you working with a local Realtor? That would be the first step, and review your search criteria.

Next step for any buyer is to get pre-approved with a lender.

Kindly click on my profile to see what kind of agent I am, including 56 reviews written by past clients.

Spirit Messingham

Spirit Messingham, PLLC
3rd Generation Full-Time Realtor®
Tierra Antigua Realty
Direct (520) 471-6900
SpiritRealty@Cox.net
http://www.TierraAntigua.com
Thank you so much! Great insights...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
I live in Oro Valley too. It's a very nice area. If you look at police reports you might, other than speeding tickets (Oro Valley does have a reputation for driver's needing to heed speed limit signs), consider it pretty safe and the police and government officials are pretty accessible. That is my personal opinion, you would have to make that determination yourself. Depending on where you live there is a beautiful view of the Catalina Mountains. Sometimes I drive on Rancho Vistoso Blvd and I feel I am driving to the sky. There are a number of schools in the area, besides Ironwood Ridge there is also a Basis School nearby. It is rated very high nationally. Shopping has expanded with the Oro Valley Marketplace and nearby Frys on Tangerine and Thorneydale.
Hi Kate,
There are many wonderful neighborhoods, older, newer, and even new builds in the 85755 zip code, and the Oro Valley area. There are 2 high schools in the area, Ironwood Ridge (where my daughter is a senior), and Canyon Del Oro. I would be happy to send you the school report cards on these for you to compare. I have lived in the Oro Valley area for the last 20 years. Feel free to email me or give me a call or text at 444-1072, and I can answer any other questions that you may have.
Thanks!
Joelle Kahn ABR, GRI, ALHS, SFR
Thank you. I'd love your thoughts. My profile outlines my likes and dislikes. We do like higher-end areas. We're looking at homes in the $300,000 to $500,000 range. We currently live in a home with high ceilings, mountain views, exposed wood beams and lots of windows (love it). We'd love some privacy, a garden, views, views, views. Pool is great, but not mandatory. Just looking for high quality, style, authenticity in beautiful neighborhood... Thanks for any advice you can share. Best, Kate
Flag Thu Dec 27, 2012