Relocation to CA OC.. Rolling Hills or Aliso viejo (off elderwood)

Asked by Yesmin Seligson, Laguna Niguel, CA Sat Oct 13, 2007

We are in the process of a corporate relocation to oc. We have found two home for rental in two different locations. Our challenge is, they are both same sq ft, remodel one is in Rolling Hills the other in Aliso viejo off Elderwood... Being from out of state we are not familiar with the areas and community feel. Which area is the best.. We are in our 40's social and with a 23 month old baby girl..... Thx in advance

Answers

9
Janet DePerry, Agent, Dana Point, CA
Tue Sep 14, 2010
Hi Yasmin,
Well I owned a home in Rolling Hills and raised my 2 children there, loved it, great location... However buyer beware!!! There are parts of Rolling Hills that have soil movement. My home had issues and our pool sfited twice. HOA is difficult sometimes. Aliso is also great, however you have Mello Roo's..

Any other questions fell free contacting me. Best regards,
Janet
Web Reference:  http://www.janetdeperry.com
Dianne Hicks, Agent, Rancho Bernardo, CA
Sun Aug 22, 2010
Yesmin!
Due to the fact that they are both nice, what area do YOU like best? Drive them at different times of the day and see how you feel about them. Go into the shops around and get a feel for the neighborhood. Ulimately it comes down to what is best for YOU!!!

Good Luck!!!

Kindest Regards
Dianne Hicks
HomeSmart Real Estate
Web Reference:  http://www.di4homes.com
, ,
Sun Aug 22, 2010
Yesmin, surely is handled by now. This is for anyone that would like to know more about Orange County, CA.

I have a new website that you'll find interesting. I've provided a link to the OC Government Resources in the Web Reference below. There are links to all OC Cities that may be of benefit. Then, check the rest of my site for local newspapers, entertainment, etc. .... Randy Newman Loves LA. ... Rudi Hofmann Loves OC. .... Happy funding, Rudi
Michael Emer…, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Sat Aug 21, 2010
Yesmin, You can't go wrong with either community. I feel Laguna Niguel offers more space and nicer homes and more access to south county. Aliso Viejo has newer and larger shopping / entertainment centers...and I feel a lot of younger families with small children are there. Beware of the toll road in Aliso Viejo...the convenience of easy freeway access adds up quickly with you monthly toll statement. Hang out in both home areas to see your neighbors and activity. And certainly consider where you work. Times is precious.
Amanda Wheel…, , Irvine, CA
Tue Nov 20, 2007
Hello Yesmin. I agree with the other responses that both communities are lovely. I would therefore tend to base my decision on on the location of your work or other primary activities. One thing you will notice about the O.C. is that the traffic on the freeways can be quite busy at times. I've found that choosing a housing location closer to work has saved me a lot of time and hassle.

Congratulations on your move to the O.C.! If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Web Reference:  http://www.cinch2sell.com
Tamara, , 92656
Sat Oct 20, 2007
Both Rolling Hills and Aliso Viejo are great communities, just more than 50 miles apart. Aliso Viejo is practically a brand new city, became a city in July of 2001. It's growing big - new buildings are going up and more companies are relocating there. Rolling Hills is an older, more established community, and more expensive than Aliso Viejo. Rolling Hills has horse property and a more rural feel to it. All of the Palos Verdes Peninsula area is beautiful, if I had the choice, I'd live in Rolling Hills.
Orange County…, , Laguna Niguel, CA
Tue Oct 16, 2007
Rolling Hills is a nice place. I'm bias towards Aliso Viejo, because I live next door. Here are some stats: Aliso Viejo has born in the early 90's. It now home to some high tech companies, such as Quest Software, Buy.com, and many other high tech companies. The weather is wonderful, mild throughout the year. Aliso Viejo is located near Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, and Laguna Niguel. It is an energetic place to be. The communities are safe, and Capistrano Unified School District is one of the BEST in the nation. The school district ranks among the highest test scores.

If you have any questions or want to see more, call me Toll Free at 800-997-1976. I'm available anytime after 8AM Pacific Time. Special Agent: Josh Dart
Rory Siems, , Laguna Niguel, CA
Sun Oct 14, 2007
Hello Yesmin,

I actually live a couple of blocks from Rolling Hills. Rolling Hills is nice, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it from the standpoint of renting there. It is a nice gated community without tons of traffic. The key is that you are renting. I would say that as a town, Aliso Viejo offers better amenities and it is newer. If you want to be close to the movie theaters, newer restaurants, Aliso Viejo is a newer area in general, and it offers more variety to please your social appetite . If you are looking to rent, I would say to go to Aliso. If you think about buying someday, I would say that you are better off in Laguna Niguel because since Aliso Viejo is so new the town is paid for with an extra tax called Mello-Roos. Laguna Niguel doesn't have this extra tax on home ownership. Again, since you're renting, I would say Aliso Viejo, after all, you can get down into Laguna Beach by taking the road in through the canyon. I hope that this information helps. Welcome to Orange County, you're gonna love it here.
Web Reference:  http://www.rorysiems.com
Tisza Major-…, Agent, Upland, CA
Sat Oct 13, 2007
Hi Yesmin,

Both are wonderful areas and either would be a good choice. In general, almost anywhere you choose to live in Orange County is a good place to be. I lived in OC for about six years or so. I think that if I were choosing for myself, if time would allow, I would take a couple of weekends, get a hotel in both areas and spend the time cruising the area and seeing which one "feels" more like home. You won't be disappointed whichever you choose. When you get into the area, if you need any additional help, feel free to give me a call.

Once again, welcome to California, I am sure you will like it here.

Take care and have a wonderful day!

Tisza Major-Posner, Realtor, Keller Williams (909) 837-8922
Web Reference:  http://Route66Living.com