Kevin111983, Other/Just Looking in Staten Island, NY

Real Estate License

Asked by Kevin111983, Staten Island, NY Fri Jun 4, 2010

I just finish my real estate exam and I am going to take the state exam soon. Do I need to get a broker to sponser me first or can I wait until I pass and then look for one?

Any good ones in SI that services brooklyn and queens?

thanks,
Kevin
thanks,
Kevin

Answers

5
Angela Gallu…, , 10312
Mon Jun 7, 2010
Hi! Do what works best for you! Just make sure you shop around. Look for a company that will give you one-on-one training and complete support. Love where you are going to be, and the rest will come easy. Yes, there are Brokers that service Brooklyn that I am aware of. Good Luck To You!
Kevin111983, , Staten Island, NY
Sat Jun 5, 2010
I took the online course via Kaplan and they were a bit clueless when I took my test, and there were no application upon my passing. Just the certification of completion. Is that good enough?
So I guess at this point I just need to schedule the exam and pass it. :)

Thank you for all the answers, I didn't want to start searching for a broker until I actually pass the exam.
And from your input I need to search around. It basically like finding a job, that the job needs to fit you and the employer.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Jun 5, 2010
You can do it either way--however, no reason not to start shopping around for a realty company to hang your license for when the time arrives. Don't just be interviewed--interview them as well--look for whoever has the best training programs, good staff support/services, etc.; then choose the realty company that best suits your needs. All the best to you.
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Fri Jun 4, 2010
You don't need to get a sponsor until after you pass your test.

I know an absolutely A-1 Top Notch Realtor in Staten Island and I will be happy to make the introduction. Contact me at Gail@GailGladstone.com and I will be happy to get you started!
Web Reference:  http://GailGladstone.com
Joseph Runfo…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Fri Jun 4, 2010
You should have learned the answer to your question during your salesperson's class.The salesperson's license application is provided by the school where the 75 hour course was successfully completed and is signed by the broker who will supervise the new licensee and be responsible for his or her activities. It is accompanied by a $50 license fee and proof that the applicant has passed the state licensing exam. The application should be completed online after passing the exam. The license will be issued after acceptance by the sponsoring broker, providing all information is completed correctly and all requirements for licensure are satisfied.
Web Reference:  http://www.clovelake.com