Park Forest, IL. What is it like out there in general ? We have 4 small kids and we want them to have a better future. Can Park Forest be it?

Asked by Radames1987, New York, NY Thu Jun 20, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Answers

2
Lucas, Home Buyer, Park Forest, IL
Fri Sep 6, 2013
STAY AWAY!! FAR AWAY!! DON'T WALK, DON'T SPRINT, DON'T RUN, GET A JET
Suzanne Hami…, Agent, Orland Park, IL
Thu Jun 20, 2013
What people are looking for in a town usually has to do with the kind of homes, prices of homes, proximity to stores and transporation, schools and safety. The importance you put on each of these items is very individual and your opinions about areas are very personal. Legally Realtors can give you opinions on price, but not on schools, safety, etc.

I do a lot in Park Forest and know the area very well. I would be happy to answer some questions about the town. Park Forest is close to transportation, the houses are average priced at $100k and there is a variety of homes on the market. Shopping is available in nearby Matteson - which is only a few minutes away. Schools are mostly District 227 or 201. There are several grade schools. For safety stats, you can search on crime statistics in Park Forest and/or call the local police. For schools, you can look at the Illinois school Report Card (search for that keyword) or you can use some private websites like schooldigger.com and greatschools.org.

And now, Park Forest does have a state grant program that can give downpayment assistance. Please feel free to contact me. I would be happy to answer any questions about available homes and areas and/or provide you with some available homes to review.

Suzanne Hamilton
Managing Broker/Owner
RE Homes Source
888-788-9544
suzanne@remarketingconsultants.com
NO this is not a great place to raise children. Maybe you an try other areas like Richton Park, or University Park.
Flag Sun Jan 12, 2014
I grew up in park forest and it was a diverse and nice community it has declined definitely in the past ten years
Flag Wed Oct 16, 2013