I had to look several times to make sure that John Palmisano is not yet another incarnation of Slash/RobBanks/etc. I'm just amused that there have been articles posted on this thread probably 100s of times but he's chosen to attack John the Bruce who labeled where his article was from far better than most people do. Clearly he doesn't like what John has to say. Perhaps we should look a bit more at what JohnP has to say about himself. His Trulia profile is quite informative.
In fact, I've been looking at a few of JohnP's posts, since I know I can count on him for original, not plagiarized content. For example, let's see how he responded to a home seller's questions about what they should look for in a Realtor - you should be able to find JohnP's post a few entries down
I've also pasted it below (in case he were to, for some crazy reason, delete it) - hopefully I've clearly explained where I found this content and haven't violated any of JohnP's copyrights:
In the Davie area, we have so many great Realtors that do wonderful job. Candance, here is a questionaire to help you:
1. Do you work as a full-time Realtor?
2. Do you have a full-time assistant?
3. In what area and in what aspect of the market do you specialize?
4. Do you have a written marketing plan specifically designed to sell my house?
5. How often do you market properties directly to buyers?
6. How many properties have you sold in the last three months?
7. Will you produce a professional flyer of my home with a picture displaying my home?
8. How often will I hear from you after my home is listed with you?
9. I cancel the listing if I donâ€™t hear from you as the schedule dictates?
10. What software do you use to track those activities being used to market my home?
11. How do you find potential buyers? Do you have a system to identify potential buyers?
12. What other marketing techniques will you use to get my property sold?
13. In what ways do you encourage other Realtors to sell my property? How do you network?
14. Do you attend local Realtor gatherings? Which ones?
15. How many listings do you have? What percentage of them sell? In the past?
16. Do you have a personal marketing plan? Describe.
17. Do you have a personal website?
18. Do you have a permanent E-mail address?
19. What presence have you developed through your marketing?
20. Does your company have a website ?
21. What does your website link to?
22. Do you have listings on Realtor.com? Are they Showcase Listings?
21. Does it link to your personal website or homepage?
22. Do you have a list of references I can call?
23. What automated communication tools do you use for 24-hour access and service?
24. Do you have a database of qualified buyers for my home?
When interviewing agents, understand what services they offer and what services you are interested in. These questions are designed to tell you if an agent is taking the listing for another reason than getting your property SOLD!
I hope this helps.
The Barbara Blais and Sherry Fell Real Estate Team.
Keller Williams Properties
Weston, FL 33326
Great advice JohnP - I'm glad to see that your years of experience as a Realtor have helped you come up with this questionnaire. But wait, that list seems somewhat 'familiar' - perhaps that's because it's practically verbatim plagiarism (COMPLETELY unattributed) from this site:
Perhaps JohnP should spend a bit more time worrying about his own copyright violations, rather than worrying about John The Bruce's postings.