Nice neighborhoods or nearby areas around Silver Spring, MD

Asked by Lindsay Cooper, Wed Apr 23, 2008

We may need to rent for a while but hope to buy a starter home in the next year so any suggestions for which neighborhoods or nearby areas might be good for us would be very helpful. It is just the two of us plus our dog right now but we hope to have a family at some point. We would want a safe community with good schools. We both grew up in and prefer a suburb type feel with nice neighborhoods and parks near by.

Answers

10
Molly Branson, Agent, Washington, DC
Thu Jul 23, 2015
Hi Lindsay!

I hope you found the right place to rent and feel at home in Silver Spring. I'm a real estate agent in both DC and MD and grew up in the Silver Spring area. I have always been in love with Woodmoor (located at 4 corners) and think it's a great place to start a family. If you have any questions or need any other advice, feel free to reach out!

Molly Branson
mobransonistm@gmail.com
realonrealestate.com
David Pearson, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Fri Jan 24, 2014
I currently have been living in downtown Silver Spring for over 13 years and love it. You are close to restaurants, shops, theaters and mass transit. You are also close to major commuting routes as well as downtown DC. Silver Spring is very large city in Montgomery County and full of great neighborhoods, parks and schools. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 301-602-0540, David Pearson of Exit Bennett Realty if you have any questions about narrowing down your Silver Spring home search. I am here to help.

Thanks.
Donna Kerr, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Sat Dec 28, 2013
I have been a Silver Spring resident for 25 years and a realtor in the area for 17 years. There are numerous neighborhoods in the Silver Spring area that might be perfect for you! 4 corners, Indian Springs, Woodside, Woodmoor, Forest Glen, Brookside Forest, Seven Oaks and the list goes on and on. The closer you are to the Downtown are or Beltway, the more expensive the houses. Be in touch as to how I can help. donna@pureenergyteam.com or 301.325.2253
Akil Walker, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Fri Nov 15, 2013
Silver Spring has plenty of parks and good schools. call me if you need some assistance.
Akil Walker, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Fri Nov 15, 2013
Judy Hanrahan…, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Wed May 14, 2008
As a lifelong resident of Silver Spring and a real estate agent for 30 years in Mont. Co. I'd be happy to help you find the home that meet your needs. There are many nice homes for rent and for sale in Silver Spring, but Takoma Park, Kensington are also nearby. Your price range will be a large determining factor..
Gabismama, Home Seller, Chevy Chase, MD
Wed Apr 30, 2008
Check out North Chevy Chase. It has everything you are looking for.
Kerry Roth, Agent, Gaithersburg, MD
Tue Apr 29, 2008
I would love the opportunity to assist youwith your home search in our area. You can visit my website which has tons of information - school, area, etc. I am a Silver Spring expert and am featured on FOX 5 TV as the Silver Spring expert. There are a lot of great areas to explore so go out and see them. When you are ready to see some proeprties give me a call I would be happy to assist!
Web Reference:  http://www.KerryRoth.com
Jeff Escher, Agent, Rockville, MD
Thu Apr 24, 2008
Silver Spring is such a large area it's difficult to recommend just a few neighborhoods - and actually it's a license violation for a realtor to suggest neighborhoods! I'd suggest looking at homes in several neighborhoods in your price range and determine the best one for you.

You should also include Garrett Park in your search - it's a small little town between Rockville and Silver Spring that has a community feel, but is often overlooked by buyers.
Rez Kodad, Agent, Naples, FL
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Lindsay, I recommend to conduct a Buyer Consultation with an Agent, to define your values, needs, and wants! Base on those findings, agent will be able to guide you and find you the house that fits your family’s needs.

r,

Reza Khodadad
Real Estate Consultant